Diamondback Sortie 1 XC Full Suspension

4.5/5 (6 Reviews)

The Sortie was designedTo be an XC/all-mountain machine, capable of handling long, abusive singleTrack rides. For 2012, Diamondback has redesignedThe rearTriangle, making it siffer and stronger without adding any weight. Outfitted with Diamondback's Knuckle Box suspension design,The Sortie is an efficient rideThat can still handleThe rough stuff. Frame: SortieTrail 5" 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum w/ HydroformedTopTube, Butted / Formed DownTube / Seatstays, Under Arch Seatstay bridge, Knuckl

Submitted by leon a Weekend Warrior from edmonton ab canada

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2012

Strengths:    I love the DB sortie 1 bike it handles great is not too heavy climbs well good gruppo of parts chain line was ok etc im an ex bike mechanic and can say it came ready to ride out of the box good tires spokes tensioned cables pre stretched etc

Weaknesses:    never had any complaints until today it felt funny and seemed to be squatting I then noticed the top tube has a vertical crack near the weld on the thickest part of the frame..., t is almost all the way thru and this bike is done now and never to be ridden again .. perhaps weapons grade aluminum is too hard ?? its not my firts bike and it was used gently

Bottom Line:
dont know what to say ..thought it was a lifetime bike ! took my chances buying it online and the seller is no longer active on ebay so am prob sheite out of luck for warranty ..my bad ...just wondering if im the only one ?

Favorite Trail:   elk island

Similar Products Used:   specialized ,thompson , rocky mountian , proctor, etc

Bike Setup:   stock parts

Submitted by derrick424 a Weekend Warrior from Robbin, North Carolina, United States

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2011

Strengths:    Very smooth ride and great shifting and stopping power. Lightweight, handles very well, great climbing ability as well as amazing descending ability.

Weaknesses:    The front Tora 289 forks don't have a lot of adjust-ability, but can be upgraded. Other than that None!

Bottom Line:
This is a Great bike!!! I got it on sale at Performance Bicycle in Cary, NC. The Knuckle Box Technology is great, it's like you don't ever bottom the shock out. The shifter were a little different than what I'm use to but with a little getting use to they are great. Overall if you looking for a great heavy duty XC bike or All-Mountain with 5" of travel this is the bike for you.

Favorite Trail:   uwharrie

Purchased At:   Performance bicycle

Similar Products Used:   I raced and rode Trek 4500 HT, shifts gears about the same but much better ride.

Bike Setup:   Stock except for tires, I changed them out for Mountain King 2.2.

Submitted by neeeko a Weekend Warrior from DukeCity, NM

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2011

Strengths:    Upgradeable, Strong, Light/Responsive, Great Deal!

Weaknesses:    It was fine when stock but improved tremendously when I upgraded just about everything. Dont know if thats a weakness.

Bottom Line:
Excellent bike for whatever you ride with exception of downhill. I commute ten miles to work daily on pavement and hit up my local rocky trails at least 3 times a week. Its fast and rides as smooth as my Caddy. My Sortie has got me through jumps, drops, and plenty of tumbles. I purchased it because i got a great deal and because its got the same frame as the Sortie Black, which costs over $5000!! Meaning I can upgrade allday and not be asking myself if its worth it or not. If you can get a previous year model discounted like I did, you'll have a permanent grin like i do.

Similar Products Used:   n/a

Bike Setup:   Upgraded 2008 DiamondBack Sortie 1..RockShox Tora 302 U-turn 5in Travel..RockShox Bar 2.1 Rear Shock..Mavic CrossTrail Tubless Wheels..2.35 Kenda Nevagels..Avid BB7 Disc Brakes W/Avid Speed Dial Levers..All Shimano Deore Drivetrain..Easton MonkeyLite SL Carbon Bar..Specialized Lock Grips..Truvativ XR 60mm Stem..Easton EA30 Seatpost..Fizik Kium Aliante Saddle..Premium Products Slim Pedals..Weight 35.2 lbs

Submitted by lemon toad a Weekend Warrior from rotorua new zealand

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2010

Strengths:    light and strong im heavy and this bike is great

Bottom Line:
awesome

Favorite Trail:   dragons tail

Purchased At:   Bike Vegas rotorua

Bike Setup:   19 inch shorter steam 8 inch disk at the front

Submitted by bobbyh1wa a Weekend Warrior from las vegas

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2010

Strengths:    it feels great,17inch med. very comfortable ride shifting is smoooth.

Weaknesses:    none so far.

Bottom Line:
This bike is great, I just got it and only rode it afew time but I am very inpressed! It feels rock solid and very light at the same time. I cant wait to get on the trail and let it rip!

Favorite Trail:   street