Devinci Remix One XC Full Suspension

• Fork: Rock Shox Tora 302
  • Frame: Optimum 61 dual suspension all mountain Lite frame

Submitted by Terry a Cross Country Rider from Vancouver, BC, Canada

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2008

Strengths:    Overall handling is amazing for the price paid! The frame is solid and this bike can take a beating! Smooth shifting, awesome suspension for this class XC bike (beginner). The tires have excellent grip in the trails and mud. The Remix seems very well balanced and can practically stand up on it's own.

Weaknesses:    So far no problems (less than a month) but I'm still experimenting with it. The overall weight is a bit heavier then the Marin but it's a trade off for the more burly bike.

Bottom Line:
This is an excellent bike for the intermediate XC rider that enjoys a few extra bumps in the path. GREAT all around value for your hard earned spendolies. Takes a bit more effort on those steep long climbs but MAN can it kick it cross country in the dips!! SOOOOOOO much fun. Shifting is smooth and the hydraulic brakes add a bit more confidence to those steep hills or fast stops!
You won't be disappointed with this bike :)
Luv the colour!!

Favorite Trail:   Bear Bait Trail

Purchased At:   Mountain City Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Marin East Peak (older style)

Bike Setup:   Stock ... So far ;P

Submitted by Jenn Gonzalez a Cross Country Rider from Ft.Laud. FL USA

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2007

Strengths:    The FSR tech shows up strong in this bike. Handles great and takes a good hit or 2 from FR. Ok groupo stock. Great rear shock on older models

Weaknesses:    A bit on the heavy side. Wheelset is not to be desired on the 05'.

Bottom Line:
One of the best FS bikes I have ever ridden. Very stable on the Techy DH. Doesnt clinb well and is heavy but thats about it. Otherwise I will for sure keep this bike for as long as I can ride.

You should buy it if......YOU ACTUALLY MTN BIKE!!!

Favorite Trail:   Oleta

Purchased At:   RIP ATL Bike

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Rockhopper(same thing!)

Bike Setup:   Fork: RockShox Reba Team w/ Lockout
Deity HB and Stem
Magura Louise FR f&r Brakeset
Dangerboy Levers and barends
Shimano XT Rear Derail. Deore Front, LX shifters
OEM Wheels(their ok)
Shimano HONE crankset(AWSOME)
Odyssey Cielinski Pedals(very sick)
Azonic Hotseat

Submitted by Liam Ilczaszyn a Downhiller from New Westminster

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2007

Strengths:    light weight frame

Bottom Line:
a great bike

Favorite Trail:   none

Purchased At:   Caps Bicycles

Submitted by Stephen F a Weekend Warrior from Nova Scotia

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2007

Strengths:    Looks amazing, hand made in Canada, no problems as of yet

Weaknesses:    Tire rubbing a little on inside of chainstay, has worn the paint away, I hope this is just cosmetic doesn’t seem to be digging into the metal.

Bottom Line:
Amazing bike, not much pedal bob, lots of travel, i have had no problems with the front fork as of yet, i like the U-Turn quick adjustment on the fork, Overall i am verry happy with the bike. If your looking for a sturdy bike that you can have lots of fun on then this bike might be for you.

Favorite Trail:   Buckwallow

Purchased At:   Algonquin Outfitters

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Hardrock

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by Mathieu Charron a Weekend Warrior from Sept-iles, Quebec, Canada

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2006

Strengths:    Awsome looking bike ... daredevil compoment ... good suspension design

Weaknesses:    Crankset has unscrewd twice ... poor fork ...

Bottom Line:
Since the last time I ever had a bike was when I was 12 (im now 23) ... I didnt realy know what i was wanting in bike ... so i went in the all mountain for it's versatility. The remix one is a hell of a nice bike ... but the thing is I just had a bunch of problems with it. In fact, the crankset unscrewd twice even with proper screwing ... i was forced to use red lock tight to get it to hold on. I also had some probleme with the wheels but that was the guy that set it up that where to incompetent. I also have some problemes with the front derailleur.

The thing that anoyes me the most is the fork ... wich is a low end fork that has no realy usefull set up like getting it harder on the fly ... What this bike need is a Rock shox pike on something like that.

On the other hand ... this bike drive like a dream. it feel comfortable and you can do things you didn't know you could with it. The look is also very sweet. I gess it's a good bike to tune up.

the price i put on is in canadian dollars so check out how much it is in US. Also ... It'S made in quebec !!! thumbs up!!!

Purchased At:   champion sport

Similar Products Used:   giant reign 3 ... rocky mountain slayer something ...

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by Jonathan a Weekend Warrior from Langley, BC, Canada

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2006

Strengths:    -Amazing rugged, but still fairly light handmade in Canada frame with a lifetime warranty
-Pretty much everything else

Weaknesses:    -some of the minor/easilly replaced components are lower end, like thhe pedals I think

Bottom Line:
I am a new rider, but damn dos this thing inspire confidence. I bought it intending to get back into riding on the road at first, before moving on to cross country trails, but on the first day I was bouncing over steep dips and jumps and logs, basically doing stuff I never dreamed of doing and I had a blast.

I opted for the Reminx One over the Three because I felt it would be wiser to upgrade components as they worse out, and I felt sure I would never notice the difference, the LBS guys seemed to agree, they only stock the Remix One and Remix Five. Way back when I first started looking I had my heart set on a Kona, but the LBS steered me to Devinci and I am thrilled that they did. It everytying the Kona Dawg is, but lighter weight, better suspension design (so I'm told) and the frame is handmade in Canada instead of by a machine in Taiwan or wherever. And it was less expensive than a comparable Kona.

The only thing I don't like are the pedals, I find them difficult to clip into, though clipping out is no problem. I have heard that eggebeaters are the way to go, so I may upgrade at some point. It could just be me though, I am new to clipless pedals.

Purchased At:   Cap's Bicycles, Langley