Commencal Bicycles Super 4 Carbon XC Full Suspension

• Cassette: Sram PG-1070 11-36
  • Wheelset: Mavic Crossride disc

Submitted by Rocky a Cross Country Rider from Indianapolis, Indiana. USA

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2011

Strengths:    Stiff, light, pretty, near perfect geometry, great suspension design (supple with minimal bob), geometry designed for 120mm fork. Unlikely to run into someone else on the trail with same bike.

Weaknesses:    Not as light as Santa Cruz blur carbon. Have rebound on shock turned all the way in to slow rebound damping enough.

Bottom Line:
This is an awesome bike, I am very impressed with the handling, the bike is just a blast to ride. It climbs as well as any bike I have ridden and corners better than my SC (no small feat). I bought it over a Blur simply because I wanted something different at least here in Indiana. It does weight one lbs more than the blur but I'm not a weight weenie and does come in lighter than my Superlight does so I can't complain. I was nervous buying sight unseen and never test riding but I am 100% happy with this frame. Note that I bought mine frame only and built up myself. I only give it 3 chilis for value as the frame retails for more than the Blur so not a bargain at full retail but 5 chilis overall as I don't have any regrets performance wise.

Favorite Trail:   Brown Co,

Purchased At:   bike shop

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz Superlight for last seven years, ridden a medley of other bikes over the years.

Bike Setup:   Sram XO components. Rockshox Reba RLT Ti fork 120mm with thru axle, Sun wheelset.

Super 4 VIP 2010 carbon only?

So If i am seeing correctly the Super 4 carbon will be the only frameset option in 2010 and there will be no option for an alloy super 4 framset?Read More »