Cannondale RZ One Twenty 1 XC Full Suspension

• Fork: Lefty Ultra Carbon w/PBR, 120mm
  • Rims: DT Swiss XCR 1.5 Custom
  • Chain: KMC X9 CP 9-speed
  • Handlebars: FSA XC-282 660mm, 18mm riser, 31.8mm

Submitted by tim verner a Weekend Warrior from Epworth,GA,U.S.A.

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2011

Strengths:    Cannondale rz 120 3

Weaknesses:    Hayes ryde brakes made a noise from the day i bought,hayes upgraded to stroker trail at my expenese,chain broke after the third ride which i paid for,Now there is a popping sound coming from the crank.You can forget cannondale helping out with anything.My local bike shop is wonderful they are working to try and fixing this problem.

Bottom Line:
I love the Lefty fork,I think Cannondale should step up and help with the problems im having ,thats not going to happen!I know 2500.00 is nothing to cannondale but i work very hard for my money!

Favorite Trail:   Tanasi

Purchased At:   Cycle South

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale F 5.used this bike for over a year never had any problems,changed pads just before i traded it in,great bike

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by Rubencete1980 a Cross Country Rider from Seville, Spain

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2010

Strengths:    The lefty fork and the monarch 3.3 suspension are amazing. This is a light bike, instead of being a full suspension. Brakes are powerfull, you can make high power with just one finger. Very stable and easy for cornering. The propedal works great. The lefty eats everything and you don't need time to get used to this fork.

Weaknesses:    Some strange sounds from the wire of the brakes when you turn the direction. Wheels, this is what I want to upgrade: Mavic 317 and shimano M525 hub on the rear wheel (the front hub is perfect).

Bottom Line:
It's absolutely worth the price I paid for this bike. You can see this bike in action here: http://www.kafre.es/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=153:aos-primera-entrega-trilogia-20112010&catid=10:2010&Itemid=4

Favorite Trail:   Aracena

Purchased At:   Suraventura

Similar Products Used:   This is my first all suspension. Before: Kona Caldera

Bike Setup:   No upgrades from the original product

Submitted by TGS a Cross Country Rider from Augusta,GA

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2010

Strengths:    The Lefty carbon works perfectly.

Weaknesses:    Don't like the grips. Changed the saddle right away, to a sleeker lighter model.

Bottom Line:
LOVE! The bike tracks well and rails into corners and holds my lines as directed. The suspension eats up the trail chatter as if it weren't even there and with 120mm of travel can suck up a 3 foot drop at speed with out trouble.(with pro pedal on)The bike weighs just a hair under 25lbs :)(L frame w/pedals)she climbs well and there is no noticeable Bob.The shox was a very noticeable upgrade from Elastamers. I bought this bike for trail ridding ,xc racing and training. She isn't super light like a lot of xc bikes but pretty respectable and the rz will continue to diet as up grades come her way.

Favorite Trail:   FATS,Kulani Trails

Purchased At:   Chain Reaction

Similar Products Used:   Proflex 756 circa '94.

Bike Setup:   The rider position seemed a little to relaxed for me. I prefer a more aggressive xC style. So I turned the bars so that they rise away from me and slid my saddle back. I have been running the shock on pro pedal in the 2 position. The lefty works perfect as is pumped up to a little over my body weight.