Cannondale Rush Carbon 2 XC Full Suspension

• Handlebars: FSA XC-190AOS, 25 mm rise
  • Seat Post: Thompson Elite, 410mm

Submitted by Qise a Cross Country Rider from Johns Creek, GA

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2012

Strengths:    -Fast uphill climber
-A stiff, more rigid full suspension but still eats up the big drops no problem
-shifting is great and very fast
-The lefty eats up the big rocks but stays rigid on the climbs

Weaknesses:    -Not as "plush" as other full suspension bikes

Bottom Line:
I would recommend this to any of my teammates. I almost sold this bike for a niner a couple weeks ago but could not do it because the lefty system was too great for the fox talas fork on the niner.

Favorite Trail:   Blankets Creek trails

Purchased At:   A friend of mine

Similar Products Used:   I have ridden a niner air 9 and that was very similar to this bicycle.

Submitted by rorymm a Weekend Warrior from Mesa, AZ

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2011

Strengths:    Weight. Durability. Cornering.

Weaknesses:    BB height over technical sections.

Bottom Line:
Best way I've ever heard this bike described is that while riding a rush you feel like you are in the bike more than on it. It is a great trail bike that you can still get out and race with. The way this bike flows though winding singletrack is a little piece of heaven. The opposite is true of technical climbing. I shaved off quite a bit of the carbon crankset while pounding up tough climbs. Still it's a fantastic bike for the majority of the trails out there. I was impressed by the carbon frame and lefty fork, cannondale strengths as always.

Favorite Trail:   Big Springs(UT)

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale RZ140, Rize, Scalpel, Jekyll. Jamis Dakar XLT, R.M. Element

Bike Setup:   2008 Cannondale Rush 2 Carbon, full XTR, si carbon cranks

Submitted by chelliewiles a Cross Country Rider from Jackson Hole, WY USA

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2009

Strengths:    Strong, Agile, Nimble, Tight. If you are a responsive aggressive rider through cross country and minor downhill terrain, this bike will Eat! up whatever you through at it. That bike is capable of things your mind can not fathom.

Weaknesses:    Lack of weight (only 24lbs.) makes this bike a bit treacherous through intense downhill activity. Jumps or drops for than a few feet could possible break something. though I have dropped 5 feet and less, it was against my better judgement. the bike held, i landed a little stiffly, but it rode it out. after checking for any breaks or cracks, i was surprised that there were no stress fractions of any kind anywhere on the frame. gave me more confidence in my decision to ride this bike.

Bottom Line:
this bike is made for a majority of riders whether they believe it or not. it would fit well into any extreme rider's arsenal. if you switch out the 2.25 tires and slam some slicks (like some 1.5s with knots) it turns into a single-track eating machine. the balance of 4" of travel all around with the propedal adjustment on the rear (for maintaining rear wheel contact with minimal bounce)turns this machine into a powerhouse in terms of speed, maneuverability, and control. don't forget those xtr hydraulic disc brakes. they will stop you.

Favorite Trail:   Blacks Canyon

Purchased At:   Edge Sports

Similar Products Used:   cannondale rize team , specialized stumpjumper , gaint anthem advanced , rocky mountain element 10

Bike Setup:   full xtr components; deraillers, dual control shifters, brakes, wheel set, front hub, rear hub, cassette, quick releases. syncros riser carbon, ritchey foam grips, cane creek extenders, thompson seat post, fox float rp23, lefty speed carbon front shock with fox guts.

Submitted by Jasontech a Weekend Warrior from St. Augustine, Florida

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2008

Strengths:    Everything. I sold my 2008 Scott Spark 30 and bought the Cannondale Rush 2 and I must say it was the best thing I have ever done. It came with the Lefty Speed Carbon FOX RLC front shock and it ROCKS!!!

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
This bike ROCKS I recommend this bike to anyone. You will not be disappointed.

Favorite Trail:   Hanna Park, FT Clinch, Graham Swamp

Purchased At:   Bicycles Etc. The be

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale Rush 3, Scott Spark 30

Bike Setup:   Lefty Speed Carbon FOX RLC, SI SL Cranks, XTR Lefty Wheel set, Sram XO Twisties, Sram XO rear Derailleur, XTR Front Derailleur, Avid Juicy Carbon Ultimate Brakes, XTR Coggs. 22.8 LBS.

Submitted by John Redcorn a Cross Country Rider from Houston Texas

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2008

Strengths:    The front fork is really nice. Seems like all the effort put in the pedals goes forward. Climbs well, I dont get out of the saddle as much as i do on my other bikes.

Weaknesses:    Seems like the pedals bottom out (hit stuff) more on this bike than my others. It would be nice if the front fork was air adjustable. Made in China?

Bottom Line:
The bike is very efficient, it goes where you point it. The ride is smoothe and inspires confidence. I wash it daily after my rides (95F at 100% humidity piles up the sweat)and my bottom bracket is not waterlogged... I love the bike.

Favorite Trail:   Local trails

Purchased At:   Bay Area Schwinn

Similar Products Used:   cannondale super v's and raven

Bike Setup:   Stock setup. xtr wheels & drivetrain, xtr brakes. I changed the tires to wtb wierwolf.

Submitted by John Redcorn a Cross Country Rider from Houston Texas

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2008

Strengths:    Smooth ride, Handles very well, Confidence inspiring, handles like a very light bike, goes where you point it. The riding position is very comfortable.

Weaknesses:    It wont hook up to the bike mount in my truck. Bottom bracket is low, pedals hit stuff on bottom of revolution. I would like it if the carbon fork had air adjustment, I really dont want to take the for apart to make it stiffer.

Bottom Line:
The bike just goes! It floats over the trail. Im riding more and riding further. Carbon cranks, carbon fork, carbon frame, carbon xtr, sweet. So far I really like the bike i have always ridden C-dales and this is the best yet.

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale Raven 1999, Cannondale Super V 700, tested Rush 3Z.

Bike Setup:   Stock except tires; I put on some wtb weirwolf ust's

Submitted by Filipe Gomes a Cross Country Rider from Barcelos, Portugal

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2008

Strengths:    Confort, Ergonomics, very easy to ride

Weaknesses:    Water infiltrations (bottom bracket and fork)

Bottom Line:
After 6 months riding my dream, just one word: Nightmare. I explain: after a saving effort to buy a dream, finally the dream comes true with the January buy. But the first problems with water appeared just after the first ride, with water on the Bottom bracket. After that, on every ride with rain here I go to the bike shop for dismount the bottom bracket for water cleaning. This piece is like a little water tank (every single water drop that enters, stays). In Portugal the winter and spring are very raining, now you can imagine my nightmare. A Bike on this price and trade level with a stupid problem, which the seller says that are no solution for it.
Last, on a ride during four days (with rain) a have to change the entire bottom bracket and the information that is water inside the fork.
I sell my Cannondale and I don’t want, even, ear the Cannondale name.

Bike Setup:   Only change the pedals to Shimano XTR and the saddle to a Selle Italia SLK

Submitted by Demetrius Karos a Weekend Warrior from Frankfort, IL USA

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2008

Strengths:    Light, great ride, great components, cool color and look.

Weaknesses:    Price.

Bottom Line:
I was also nervous about carbon and thought was a little too obsessive about being gentle. I got over that and embraced the material.

With the light weight and clipless pedals, I crush other riders on the hills. I mainly do road riding and wanted to get into mountain biking. This bike really got me into mountain biking.

I used to be a shimano type of guy - I am now sold on crank brothers.

I toyed with getting the XTRs but stuck with XTs. For me, it wasn't worth the extra cost for XTR.

I love tubeless tires. No more pinch flats.

Favorite Trail:   Palos

Purchased At:   Plank Road Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Stumpjumper

Bike Setup:   Stock as per catalog.

Submitted by eddy siegers a Cross Country Rider from woodruff sc usa

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2007

Strengths:    light,fast,makes me climb faster and its pretty

Weaknesses:    had some trouble with the front fork leaking but was soon replaced and bent one of the factory installed pedals replaced it with crankbros sl's

Bottom Line:
awsome bike after geting my first suspension bike i dont think i could go back to a hard tail

Favorite Trail:   south side

Purchased At:   bike worx

Similar Products Used:   cannondale f1000 hardtail

Bike Setup:   stock changed the factory crank bros to sl's

Submitted by Dennis Smith a Weekend Warrior from Georgetown Indiana USA

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2007

Strengths:    Supple suspension/front lockout. No noticeable pedal bob.

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
This bike ROCKS! I am new to MTB and previously only ridden borrowed bikes. I don't even know what they were except that one was a hardtail and one was full suspension. Both had issues shifting and were not comfortable for the entire ride. This bike fits me PERFECTLY (5' 11" 161lbs) and handled everything I encountered on the trail. Obstacles I had been unable to get over previously just disappeared under me like melted butter on this bike. The shifting was flawless and the bike was nimble AND comfortable for the duration. All my energy went directly to the dirt and I was even able to restart (stopped to give the person in front of me time to make a little room between us)on an uphill 15 feet from a fairly large log obstacle and power over it with ease and plenty of speed. I would think this bike would be great for experienced riders being carbon and rather expensive but it worked beautifully for me the novice as well.

Favorite Trail:   Brown County State Park

Purchased At:   Clarksville Schwinn

Submitted by Marco a Cross Country Rider from Caraca - Venezuela

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2007

Strengths:    Light, rigid and very fast...Nice set of components... Goes Up as well as Down, great looking and superb finish paint job

Weaknesses:    Cost.

Bottom Line:
Extremely efficent pedalling, is amazing when you hammer the pedals..all the energy goes into forward motion rather than suspension..(no bob at all)... Inspires confidence up and down the trail...
A very fast XC Bike with dual suspension... an excellent handling... overall great geometry.

Favorite Trail:   Anywhere

Purchased At:   Latin Bike

Similar Products Used:   SC Superlihgt maybe .... no comparison

Bike Setup:   Originaly like Cannondale Catalogue (Frame L)

Submitted by Jun Vargas a Cross Country Rider from Bacolod, Negros, Philippines

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2007

Strengths:    Light, stiff, comfortable, supple and quiet on the rocky trails. Paint job is also superb!

Weaknesses:    Nothing that I can see nor feel yet. Maybe too early to notice anything.

Bottom Line:
I have finally found the best bike that is suited for the trails we ride here in our place, truly a mt. bike heaven. Imagine a city where one enjoys most of the amenities of a metropolis, yet the avid mt. biker may hit the trails in just 15 min. from his place of residence. The trails are as varied as can be! We usually ride 25-30km trails w/c are mostly rocky w/ gradual to semi steep gradients. The Cannondale Carbon Rush just takes anything we ride w/ so much grace! Its so easy and relaxing to ride and very fast too, makes one too over confident at times. Its almost unfair to the other riders w/ similar skills, strength and endurance. Nevertheless, I feel so blessed to have found such an awesome & HAPPY to ride bike. Thank you Cannondale!

Favorite Trail:   Negros Trails

Purchased At:   Cycle Tote-our local Cannondale Dealer

Similar Products Used:   Stumpjumper, Enduro, Titus Motolite

Bike Setup:   Carbon Rush, lefty carbon dlr, Shimano XTR shifter/derailleurs & Brakes, Mavic Cross Roc UST wheelset, Kenda Karma & Nevegal tires

Submitted by Bluetongue a Cross Country Rider from Canberra

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2006

Strengths:    Light and strong - amazingly light (so light that it initially feels flimsy - but wait until you take it for a lap). The carbon lefty and frame make it incredibly light and the stiffness / strength is unbeleivable. The standard set-up is perfect.

Weaknesses:    ??? Wasn't built with any!!! None that I have discovered - price is a little high - but you get what you pay for..

Bottom Line:
For the price - you get an amazing bike. You tend to treat the bike a little gentle (being carbon), but after a while you realise that it can take as much as standard heavy metal frames. AWESOME!!!

Favorite Trail:   Majura Pines / Sparrow Hill

Purchased At:   Lonsdale Street

Similar Products Used:   Trek Fuel (same price range), Speacialised Stump Jumper / Epic, Rocky Mountain Element, Scott Genius.

Bike Setup:   Standard - XTR rear, XT front/brakes/shifters, Fox RP23, Mavic XM819 Rims, - see the website for exact set-up..

For Sell: 2010 GT Force 2.0 Bike, 2010 GT Zaskar Carbon Team Bike, CANNONDALE Rush

[B]We are licensed dealers in all kinds of bicycles (road & mountain bikes) ,motorcycles and atvs ... We sell all brands like : Trek, Cannondale, Cervelo, Ellsworth, Giant, Jamis, Klein, Kona, Litespeed, Rocky Mountain, Santa Cruz, Specialized, Gary Fisher bikes, we sell in bulk resellers and ... Read More »

New to Cannondale, bought a Rush Carbon 2

I needed a new bike and I found a nice Rush Carbon 2. I did change the seatpost and seat from my old bike. I am looking for opinions, tips, and tricks to learn about the bike, fork, and rear shock. Thanks for all the help. p.s. fruita, colorado is a good timeRead More »

Help me decide 2009 Rush Carbon 1 or Rize 2

I am about ready to pull the trigger on a new 2009 new Cannondale, some pretty good deals to be had right now. I live in Park City, UT and ride 3 days a week, nothing to technical, some single track stuff, take it kind of easy. I was able to ride a Rize 2 which I really liked but then did some re ... Read More »

Fuel EX carbon(9.9 or 9.8) vs. 07 Rush carbon 2

Opinions please for the best for Midwestern trail riding. thanks in advanceRead More »

Carbon Rush Owners - Raven 2 to Carbon Rush experience (opinions wanted)

As an owner of a Raven 2 ('01) that is already '07/'08 component upgraded (including RP23) I'm thinking of going with the [B]Rush Carbon 3[/B]. While I'm well aware of the issues the R2 frames had, mine has been utterly outstanding! I could never own a non-carbon bike again and love the razor sharp ... Read More »