Cannondale Rush 6Z XC Full Suspension

• Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-ES25 Octalink
  • Handlebars: Cannondale C3, 20 mm rise

Submitted by Andy Aaron a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2012

Strengths:    A Bit of background-EX amateur expert level motocrosser and decent bmx racer-Now an old has been that still enjoys riding. I have been on about a 5 year hiatus due to severe injury (broken back and ribs mostly) Sold my beloved Specialized Enduro believing I would never be able to ride again-Well a few surgerys and an extra 50lbs I decided pain or no pain to ride again. Found this for sale locally-thought simple would be better and I was right. Yes it has at best mid level to low level components, a Recon fork with just Air and rebound, but I never noticed, This thing climbs far better than I can, No Bob at all, X5 shifters never missed a shift, once air pressure was set front and back it was ideal. It goes where I want it to, climbs better than I can. My first ride out was a ski resort all downhill day-not the ideal environment but it took the abuse and when it was over it was as solid as when I got there. Next few rides have been at the front range of Colorado Mountains. This is where this bike truly shines. As a long distance XC marathon ride, this bike is ideal.

Weaknesses:    Now some bad- Brakes are weak, they slow you down but not with a lot of authority. Also rear end gets pretty rigid under braking, but it is a single high pivot so it is not a surprise. Also feels really long, good going down steep and wide but a bit more work on switchbacks, however it still goes where it is pointed just a tad wide at times. Might be able to tune that out soon.

Bottom Line:
Overall, I am very pleased with the bike-Doesn't have the All Mountain capabilities of my Enduro but then again neither do I possess those abilities either. But as a relaxed pace (I am fat now so that is how fast I go) over cross country terrain, this bike is great. And I was not embarrassed at the Ski resort, never fell never got into anything sketchy because of the bike.
Glad I got and am thankful I can ride.

Favorite Trail:   Just about anywhere Colorado

Duration Product Used:   1Month

Purchased At:   Local

Similar Products Used:   I have had all kids of bikes. Gary Fisher Sugar 2 a few different hard-tails, Specialized Enduro.

Bike Setup:   Basically stock.
Different grips, flat pedals, cant clip in anymore,
Rock Shox Recon 327 air and rebound, Manitou Radium R rear, works fantastic.
Stock wheels Forte Tsali tires 26x2.20

Submitted by pillup mop a Cross Country Rider from kingston, washington , USA

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2008

Strengths:    every thing
this bike does the trick, the fork and shock are air, I love the feel of them! soft but doesn't bob.
the components are great, its a good light bike.

Weaknesses:    the front brake squeals and doesn't grip, the bike shop told me that the pad needed to work its resin onto the rotor, sounds fine, but its been three months and its the same.
the rear brake works fine though?
the seat is a hard as a rock!
but its light.

Bottom Line:
this is a nice light usa bike and its totally worth the extra money to not support china
I would recommend this bike to anyone (who has $1300 to spare)
its performance is outstanding
love it, love it, love it.
this is definetly an XC bike so don't buy this intending to do and jumping

Favorite Trail:   anderson lake trail

Purchased At:   skajet cycle center

Similar Products Used:   well, my hardrock sport isn't worth comparing to this bike.

Bike Setup:   stock
recon fork, radium platform shock, 5x sram, and shimano hidros.

Submitted by ez054098 a Cross Country Rider from South Bay, CA

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2008

Strengths:    Frame made in the USA (Too many American frame builders are gone). Rides like a dream. Beautiful looking bike too. Reminds me of the Red Shred circa 1988-90. A solid ride. Stiff when and where it counts. I am 250 Lbs and there isn't a hint of frame flex.

Weaknesses:    The brakes are crap. I bought an XL and had to buy a longer seat post. The stock seat post was only 350mm. The hubs feel cheap and chunky. I will most likely be upgrading my wheel set.

Bottom Line:
Bottom line? An excellent bike. Even though some of the components aren't up to snuff, a few upgrades (which is inevitable) and the bike ride like a dream. This being my first new bike in 9 years the technology has come a long way. Absolutely now regrets. 4 chilis for the value. Some of the components are crap. 5 chilis overall. Can't recommend this bike enough.

Purchased At:   Wheel Away

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale Delta V

Bike Setup:   Thomson stem & seat post. Syncros hi-rise bars. Crank Bros. Cobalt SL XC cranks (holding my breath, please don't break).

Submitted by Rick Cave from Osan Airbase, Korea

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2008

Strengths:    Beautiful looking bike, comfortable ride.

Weaknesses:    Stock fork has no lock-out, most components are lower grade than comparable-priced cannondale hardtail,

Bottom Line:
Great bike (at least to me). I'm not a seasoned MTB rider and Apparently, I'm the only 6Z owner on this site. I think I made a good purchase and I am now in love with Cannondale.

Purchased At:   USAG Humphreys PX