BMC Supertrail XC Full Suspension

Supertrail

Soar above the tree line-even when you're rolling over hard rocks and dirt. Equipped with shock-smothering APS rear suspension and 140mm of travel, the Supertrail glides delivers precise handling and performance. And its mountain-tough frame is built for punishment. The top tube is hydroformed from two monocoque half shells, guaranteeing absolute torsional strength.

Submitted by Paul

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2013

Strengths:    Bought a 2010 - 02 frame,kitted it out with xt gear and currently running Marzocchi 44 RC3ti forks,love this bike. They are large frames for there size,am 6ft and find the medium frame fine,no problems with stand over height.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
The better my riding gets and the harder the bike gets pushed,the more I like it. Probably would not call an xc bike.Some of the shop fitted models came out with Marzocchi ATA2 forks which may have given them a bad rep, if you get a chance to get one , grab it you will be pleasantly surprised.

Submitted by Joe a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2012

Strengths:    I am very impressed with how fast the bike is weighing in at 31 pounds I thought it would be really sluggish and slow. Boy was I wrong the BMC flys both up and downhill, a very stable bike that accelerates very fast. The setup I have on the bike makes it perfect for trail centres and a alpine bike. Overall a very impressive bike.

Weaknesses:    The BMC parts are a little bit hard to get hold of from evans and the rear shock could probably do with been a better model.

Bottom Line:
The BMC Supertrail is a very good bike, fast, smooth and stylish. Overall a worthwhile purchase.

Favorite Trail:   Llangdegla black trail

Purchased At:   Pinkbike

Similar Products Used:   Turner 5 spot

Bike Setup:   Rockshox sektors, Slx group set and rockshox reverb and Schwalbe nobby nics 2.1

Submitted by monk a Cross Country Rider from livin in Cairns Australia

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2009

Strengths:    pretty light for how big it is. Mine sits right at 31 pounds. Good working suspension for havin fun blastin the downhills...goin up? just switch on the pro pedal and motor up the steepest, gnarliest climbs. This bike makes me smile. mounts for ISCG chainguide. STIFFF REAREND...i mean stiff. shortish headtube for a large size frame helps keep the bars low and the front tire weighted for cornering fast and climbin'. Geometry is SPOT ON. Low BB...likes cornerin'.

Weaknesses:    not tons of standover on the large...sometimes the bike feels really tall with the fork all the way out to 160mm and the seat jacked up but I dont ride it in that config too often. When the fork is out the seat is usually down and vice versa.

Bottom Line:
Fun Bike! My ONE bike, I have others but always just reach for this one first. Loves the rockiest, rootiest trails and steep techy climbs too! I am 6'1, have to ride larges cuz I have really long legs but usually find mediums are more fun to ride. This bike has the geo (lil bit shorter top tube and long seat tube) that works for me...the bike fits me well and handles everything I can throw at it. I love it too because y north american buddies cant have one cuz they dont sell em there...ha ha

Favorite Trail:   the monster kaslo british columbia

Purchased At:   torquay cycle factor

Similar Products Used:   Giant Reign X. Giant Reign. Jamis Dakar XLT

Bike Setup:   fox talas RLC, Mavic Crosslines, avid juicy's, Truvativ NOIR cranks, XO der, SLX front, Joplin seatpost, 2.4 schwalbe nobby nics, thomson stemm

BMC Supertrail done:-)

Here is a couple of pics of my new BMC supertrail. Just finished it a few minutes ago and can't wait to ride! Too bad I am buried in snow for a few more months:madmax: Sorry about the poor resolution--I had to use my phone because the camera is dead.Read More »