Blue Competition Cycles Ryno XC Full Suspension

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

• English threaded bottom bracket shell
  • Disc brake only
  • 3 inches rear travel
  • Uses 1 1/8" zero stack headset
  • Custom designed asymmetrical carbon stays

Submitted by Trail Buddha a Racer from Seattle, Washington

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2010

Strengths:    Light
Pedals well
strong
really tears into downhill corners

Weaknesses:    really none

Bottom Line:
This bike is great for anyone racing cross country or ride trails with more of a cross country influence. I personally beat the crud out of mine, jumping it and riding it as aggressively as possible. I am really impressed with how much abuse I can put it through and no creaks or anything!

Awesome bike: I would buy one if you get the chance!

Favorite Trail:   Anything with roots, rocks, and vertical gain

Similar Products Used:   Kona Hei Hei Supreme

Bike Setup:   stock build

Submitted by espwilliams a Cross Country Rider from Buford, GA, USA

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2009

Strengths:    Full carbon frame at a great price. I purcased the frame and built it up myself

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a good fast bike for racing and one that I could enjoy riding as well, the emphasis being "enjoy". My Wife has ridden it to the podium in a number of local races. It's nimble and responsive. I have the Rocksox monarch 4.2 rear shock and found it does the job fine, I have found the rear end stiff for my use.( I weigh 165lbs)I have the bike wieghing in at 25.10lbs, not bad for a full suspension, though my drive train, brakes and the fork are not the lightest, could change but why bother, not getting any younger. It looks good, the finish is great, and solid.

Favorite Trail:   Bull & Jake Combo

Similar Products Used:   Anthem 1

Bike Setup:   Reba Race, Crossmax SLR's, Sram x-9 group, hayes Nine carbon, shimano XT crank, Xpedo's pedals

Submitted by dovecom a Cross Country Rider from North Carolina

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2009

Strengths:    Excellent value for a full carbon X-C frame. Plush ride. Focused handling but not twitchy. Carves single track and handles medium bumps exceptionally well.

Weaknesses:    Lacks lateral stiffness at BB. No down tube or BB impact protection. Poor choice for rear shock. Slightly heavy vs. some competition.

Bottom Line:
This is one of the best values out there for a full carbon X-C weapon. Handling is on par with competitors, the bike looks nice and is finished well. The Monarch shock it comes with is junk, IMO, but there are lots of people who are happy with it. Bottom line, if you want to jump into the carbon mtb arena but don't want to spend crazy money, this is the perfect choice. You won't be disappointed. Blue is a great company with excellent customer service and staff who actually ride.