Bianchi Ibex XC Full Suspension

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by Lisa a Cross Country Rider from Bentonville Ar, USA

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2005

Strengths:    Hydraulic Disc Brakes make adjustments super easy. Rear suspension gives the rider a super comfortable ride even on rough terrain. Has lock out on shocks.

Weaknesses:    Has a place to attach water bottle cage BUT once you attach the cage the water bottle can not fit in the cage underneath the rear shock. AT least on Small Frame.

Bottom Line:
A super confortable ride, I bought mine as a left over and got a decent deal. The bike is worth more than I paid.
This bike would be good for a recreational rider to a more serious rider looking for a XC or with a suspension upgrade a decent all mountain.
Although I plan on purchasing a hardtail for racing XC to eliminate some of the etra weight I plan on keeping this bike for the LUXURIOUS ride.
The brakes are a definite plus and Bianchi makes a quality bike, I would not hesitate to purchase another Bianchi.

Favorite Trail:   Lake Fayetteville

Purchased At:   Lewis and Clark Outfitters

Similar Products Used:   first full suspension, previously had a IBEX Hardtail

Bike Setup:   MXpro Bomber front suspension
Rocks Shox rear suspension
Hayes 9 Hydraulic Disc brakes (front/ rear)
Truvativ Crank
WTB werewolf tires
WTB womens spefic seat

Submitted by John a Cross Country Rider from Golden, BC, Canada

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2005

Strengths:    Very race oriented bike. Super rigid when pedaling uphill and forgiving when hitting a bump. I like how it acts like a hardtail, but still has that rear travel when you need it. Very Sweet Bike

Weaknesses:    None! Love it!

Bottom Line:
Climbs Great!
Descends with Ease!
Very Controllable (due to it's lightness)
Super XC Racer Bike!
Would recomend to any skill level.
Get a hold of one of these bikes!

Purchased At:   a bike shop

Similar Products Used:   Fisher Cake 4 DLX

Submitted by Colby a Cross Country Rider from Great Falls, MT, USA

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2005

Strengths:    Very Responsive. Very easy to bunny hop off rocks and logs! I built this bike from the frame up, and it's been a great bike for the money so far.

Weaknesses:    Rear shock needs a lockout for pedaling uphill.

Bottom Line:
I've really enjoyed this bike so far. It's been very responsive and easy to control when I'm flying down the singletrack. It takes small sized drops and turns them into butter! Love it!

Similar Products Used:   Trek Fuel EX7

Submitted by Michael Anderson a Weekend Warrior from Killeen, TX

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2004

Strengths:    This bike seems to work extrememly well here in TX. I was a little worried that with the rear end not having any sort of lock out, I would be bouncing my way down the trail. I weigh a little over 200 lbs so I though that the rear wouldn't be able to handle my weight. That has not been the case so far. The only time I have really noticed the rear end bouncing is when I am climbing hard out of the saddle. Besides that I don't really notice it. Climbing hard doesn't seem to be too much of a problem either, there is bounce but it doens't take away from my momentum. The front end responds pretty well for what I have noticed in my few rides. The brakes handle great, they are capable of stopping my big a$$ pretty easily when I get a little out of control heading down hill. My front and rear derailers need to be dialed in a bit better. I get stuck between the 5th and 6th cog in the rear and sometime my front sprocket big ring loses the chain. I have not had the bike to the shop for the break in adjustments yet, so I am sure that will be fixed when I do.

Weaknesses:    The tires kinda suck for the dry, rocky, Texas terrain. My rear derailer seems to get stuck in between gears in the middle somewhere.

Bottom Line:
I got the bike on clearance and couldn't be happier with my choice. For the money, it is definately the best bike I tested. The components are better than the fuel 80, which was in my price range, and just about everything else in the same price catagory. The front shocks have the right amount of travel for me and seem pretty sturdy under my 200+ lbs. The rear could use a little more pressure but I haven't even attempted to add air yet. (Not worried about it with such little time to ride before returning to Iraq)

Bike Setup:   stock

Reasonable asking price for Ibex Ignition?

I have an Ibex Ignition bike, small frame (16"), full suspension, all factory components except for clipless peddles added, and newly tuned. I bought it new in October 2009, and have barely ridden it (basically, I ended up getting way more into kayaking than biking). It's just taking up space in m ... Read More »

Kids 20" Ibex mountain bike build up (with GOOD components)

My 6.75 year old has a 20" wheeled Ibex aluminum frame mountain bike. It has one of those pseudo-suspension front forks with disc tabs… this got me to thinking, “Hmm, convert to a disc front, but what about the other components?”. At the present my favourite local wheelbuilder is lacing up a set of ... Read More »

Replacement derailleur hanger for kids 20" Ibex???

Have looked all around on the interwebs for a replacement derailleur hanger for my son’s 20" Ibex mountain bike (the red anodised aluminum frame version, no idea what model number it is). Even stumbled upon [url=http://www.derailleurhanger.com/]DerailleurHanger.com[/url] and not sure if I am seeing ... Read More »

My, new to me, Ibex 03 Ignition-2!

I'm new to MTB. I rode BMX bikes as a kid and LOVED going anywhere on my bike. I wanted to get back to riding and having fun, so I went looking for a used bike to start out on. I found this Ibex 03 Ignition-2 on CL listed for $250. It is the perfect size for me. The guy who owned it is an engineer w ... Read More »