VooDoo Erzulie XC Hardtail

Weight : 4.5 lbs

Mid-range performance MTB, classic geometry to fit 100mm fork. Size specific butted cro-mo tubing material.

Submitted by cjm7283 a Weekend Warrior from colonia, nj 07067

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2010

Strengths:    Light weight, fast rolling, quick shifting, great fork shock

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
for a hard tail this is awesome. its fast as hell and stops even faster than any bike I've seen due to its weight. adjusting to the brakes is something that has to be learned or else your going to be superman flying off the bike. the exit speed on a 70 to 90 degree turn with a little bike lean with good tires like mine make me feel like I'm in a super bike race, and jumps are a breeze. i got all this bike from a junkyard and with a tune-up and some extra parts and TLC, i fell in love. I'm keeping up wit a friend that has a 6,000 dollar full-suspension cannandale with lefty fork, speed and durability and handling.

Favorite Trail:   6 mile run

Purchased At:   junk yard

Bike Setup:   basically factory components like the shimano drivetrain and titec seat post. i have an orion handle bar riser on the stock titec handle bar. cushy seat, shimano clip-less pedals, WTB VelociRaptor tires 26x2.1, jag-wire cables, profile bar ends

Submitted by Steven a Cross Country Rider from Perth,Western Australia

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2009

Strengths:    10Kg of an absolute fun machine, reliable, bombproof, I like the Go-kart style geometrics....,the welding on the frame is so fine and accurate.

Weaknesses:    The Original paint back in 1997 (Sunset Orange), was not the best, since 2005 I do have a powder coat in sunny orange. Maybe the only real downside may be the frame weight of 2.1Kg, this makes tunning way more expensive but 9.6Kg is possible to achieve.

Bottom Line:
I bought my Erzulie back in 1997 as part of a customize program VooDoo used to do back in the 90’s, Since then 12 years of unstoppable fun and thousands of kilometres done. Travelled around Europe had plenty spots to ride, and it even survive the harsh XC trails back home in Australia .

The sweet thing on Voodoo’s Erzulie is the perfect design of the Frame geometry it is so well balanced it claims like a goat up the hill, stay incredible steady when driving fast down the hill and never let you down it really makes so much fun to ride it. Steel is real..., I guess VooDoo was the best buy ever in my life so far, I hardly can remember any other brand how is nearly so strong build and reasonable lightweight.

Bike Setup:   XTR970,XT775 Disc Brakes,DT340/Mavic 819UST wheels,King Headset,Manitou R7 Elite,Tune parts.
In 2005 a rear disc brake mount got weld on in order to use disc on the rear.

Submitted by Brian a Cross Country Rider from Seattle, WA

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2007

Strengths:    The frame is rock solid on the downhill. Climbs like a billy goat, and seems to be bombproof.

Weaknesses:    it came with pretty low end gear, but I knew that when I purchased it. The STX stuff is just now going out. The fraim alone was worth the 500. I had assumed that over time I would upgrade the components. the bike has met all of my expectations. It's nice to have a fraim worth investing in.

Bottom Line:
This is a rad bike. I've been really happy with the bike and now that I've got it up to xt I don't have any real need to look at anything else. Hopefully I can get another 9 years out of this thoroughbred.

Favorite Trail:   Dan's Trail

Purchased At:   http://www.cyclotopia.com/

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Rock Hopper.

Bike Setup:   I've replaced the rigid fork with a Rock Shok 100mm Duke Fork. New mavic 717 wheel set. full xt 9 speed components.

Submitted by Chris Molnar a Racer from Guilford, CT

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2007

Strengths:    Joe Murray designed steel frame...what else can you say?

Weaknesses:    Stock mechanical components

Bottom Line:
This bike has gone to Moab, lived in Vail, CO and ate tracks in Fruita and Durango, and now resides happily on the East Coast. Although the bike was rolled off the VooDoo line as the entry level model, some components and some love of the hardtail is all you need to have a super ride. I imagine there are very few riders who have traveled the terrain I have on this rig and I can safely say that until the frame cracks this will keep the other FS and Aluminium Hardtail in my garage collecting dust.

Favorite Trail:   Not Tellin

Purchased At:   Action Sports

Bike Setup:   Stripped down and replaced evrything starting with a Top Line Ti BB, Rx Sx Judy, XTR all over. Kept the Titec Seatpost and Wilderness Systems Seat.

HELP about Voodoo Erzulie size

OK I'm interested to buy Erzulie, I think it's the 2007 version, really nice looking Cro-Mo bike. However I'm unsure will it fit to me, largest size is 20" and I'm 187cm (6'1")... 20" seat tube C-T would be ideal however top tube horizontal looks somewhere around 600mm or 23,6". Any help to get ac ... Read More »

Steel Voodoo Erzulie

heres my re-speced Voodoo... Frame: 05 Voodoo Erzulie (17inch) Fork : RST First Air RL (2009) Crank: Shimano SLX Bashring : BBG Brakes : Avid BB7 Lever: Avid SD7 Pedal : Crank Bro Eggbeater SL Wheels: Mavic Crossride Disc Tires(F) : Kenda Nevegal John Tomac 2.1 Tires (R) : Panaracer Fir ... Read More »