Titus Eleven XC Hardtail

• Saddle: WTB Pure V Race
  • Seat Post: TruVativ XR

Submitted by ibikergal a Cross Country Rider from Campbell, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2009

Strengths:    The frame can be built with 650B wheels!! The Geometry is similar to the Racer X. The frame looks great.

Weaknesses:    None that I can think of.

Bottom Line:
We were able to build the bike up to about 23.5 lbs which is about 3 lbs. less than my Racer X. This bike handles and accelerates great!! With the 650B wheels you can ride over the rough stuff. It handles great in the tight stuff, the steering is very precise and at low speeds I am able to control it well. It is stable at speeds also. I have had aluminum hard tails before and the titanium makes the ride so much nicer, it soaks up the small bumps. It is a great climber.

I have 170mm cranks on it, the 650B wheel does not have toe overlay if I stay clipped in.

Favorite Trail:   Saratoga Gap

Purchased At:   New Frame off Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Last hard tail was a Klein Attitude.

Bike Setup:   XTR and Scram drive train, Fox 80mm Fork, Formula Oro Puro brakes, Chris King headset, Neo-moto front and Quasi-moto rear tires

Submitted by venturajohn a Cross Country Rider from Ventura, CA, 93001

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2009

Strengths:    Really comfortable in CC and on pavement. No sway under hard pedaling. This 3.5-pound 29er frame is a great platform for a light build—24 pounds, as equipped. The welding and finishing of the titanium is impeccable. The fat, non-tapered chainstays and seatstays make for a very rigid bike and predictable handling. Rear dropouts can be interchanged for geared or SS. The light weight (especially the solid fork) makes for nimble handling and great acceleration. I chose 1.5-mm DT Revolution spokes for a little easier ride, and it feels like a suspension bike. The folks at Titus were very responsive when I had a question on the frame.

The frame was custom-built for my brother, who is my size (6’-3”, 210 pounds), and I’m right at home on the larger 29er format. The longer wheelbase keeps the front wheel on the ground in climbs.

Weaknesses:    Really comfortable in CC and on pavement. No sway under hard pedaling. This 3.5-pound 29er frame is a great platform for a light build—24 pounds. The welding and finishing of the titanium is impeccable. The fat, non-tapered chainstays and seatstays make for a very rigid bike and predictable handling. Rear dropouts can be interchanged for geared or SS. The light weight (especially the solid fork) makes for nimble handling and great acceleration. I chose 1.5-mm DT Revolution spokes for a little easier ride, and it feels like a suspension bike. The folks at Titus were very responsive when I had a question on the frame.

Bottom Line:
Bottom Line: I rode this beauty 50+ miles the day after building it, and love it.

Favorite Trail:   Ventura-to-Ojai

Purchased At:   Private party (used)

Similar Products Used:   None really, except a 9-year old Specialized Rockhopper for city riding.

Bike Setup:   Bike Setup: Chris King headset; White Rock Solid carbon fork; Hope Pro 2/Velocity VXC custom wheels; Kenda Small Block 8 tires; XT trigger shifts and XT derailleurs; SRAM X.9 cassette; FSA V-drive crankset; Hayes Carbon Stroker disks

Submitted by mtnbikeSD a Cross Country Rider from Schuamburg, IL USA

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2008

Strengths:    Really predictable carving a tight line or pounding through rough stuff. This bike has very little undesirable flex and with Chris King hubs, the acceleration makes even me feel fast! It won't scratch (no paint to worry about) and dirt wipes right off.

I highly recommend Titus frames for some of the detailed touches like the Arizona headbadge, SS/geared derailleur options for the single speed option. The stock geometry fits me great and I would say before you shell out the cash for custom, consider the savings and the fact the Titus has done good research on the sizing for stock bikes.

Weaknesses:    This frame is pretty heavy, even when comparing to much less expensive aluminum frame. It is straight guage ti tubing, which is really strong, but not butted. This makes it pretty much indestructible and flex-free. The downside is that it is heavy.

Bottom Line:
This is a great ride for all-around trail bike, or a race bike. Ti feels like suspension so it's ideal for all-day epics. I prefer it to my Superlight for slogging long fireroad climbs.

It's a beautiful rig!

Favorite Trail:   Costa Rican mtn roads

Purchased At:   Rbikes.com

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz Superlight (vingtage) with King wheels and ful XT build

Bike Setup:   Chris King headset; Fox F100X Terralogic fork; King ISO/Mavic UST custom wheels; X.0 Grip Shifts and X.0 derailleurs; XT crankset; Avid Juicy carbon disks

GnomeFest Eleven

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oABGMC][img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3860/14831575886_ba31771e8c_b.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/oABGMC]Gnomefest Eleven - The Burning Bike[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/79018840@N00/]~gomez~[/url], on FlickrRead More »

Jet 9 RDO XX1 Build...this one goes to eleven

First ride complete, I absolutely love this bike. This is also my first ground up build and I happen to be rather proud of it. It also gave me an excuse to buy some great tools (star nut setter, crown race setter, headset press...) On the first go, my bb to chainstay housing was too short. I was ... Read More »

Still Looking for Stock Small Eleven/Fireline- 26"

Howdy All! Still looking for an Eleven/Fireline frame. Small stock size, 26 incher Hook me up!Read More »

What has three wheels and is eleven feet long?

My Big Dummy with Burley Piccolo trail-a-bike attached, that's what! Pretty sure I can get three kids, one engine (me! :eek: ) and one adult passenger on this contraption. Hah! (Sorry for the crapcam pic. Not only is my phone camera sucky, but my basement is kinda dim.) Special thanks to P ... Read More »

Still looking... Small Eleven, fireline 26"

Not in a huge rush, but if have one or know of someone that wants to unload one please contact me... Happy Thanksgiving!!!Read More »