Specialized Myka Womens XC Hardtail

4.5/5 (6 Reviews)

The Myka HT comes completely decked out with women's components and technology including: a "La Femme" specially tuned fork, women's-specific geometry with lower standover height, optimal seat and head tube angles, plus an XC women's saddle and mountain grips. Together, these specifications create more control, better pedaling efficiency and a supremely comfortable fit.

Submitted by gutikn6 a Weekend Warrior from Winston-Salem, NC, USA

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2011

Strengths:    This is a solid bike, and the first mountain bike I've purchased. I bought it in college on a limited budget, and I've been very happy with how it rides. After extensive reviewing, I found this bike to have the best components for the price tag. I've ridden HUNDREDS of miles on this bike either adventure racing, on single track, or on the road. After almost 3.5 years, all I've had to replace were the handle bar grips from use, and only recently, the brake pads. The women's specific (WS) components and frame design work out very well for me since I'm a 5'4, 125lb woman, and smaller frames are hard to find!

Weaknesses:    Not much to complain about here.I was a little peeved that there was only one color (blue) and that it had the butterfly detail on it. The only advantage of the butterflies being there is that I end up proving people wrong more often! I've ridden this bike hard, and it's held up very well, and preformed to my expectations. I keep it well-oiled and clean, which helps out no matter what bike you have. Some might say it's heavy, but compared to other bikes in its class, it's actually much much lighter. One other thing is that it can be troublesome to fit on some trunk mounted car racks. I have a saris rack, and the 15.5 frame only fits on the outer strap. This is due to the fact that it's a small frame and a WS bike though!

Bottom Line:
This is a great bike for women, especially for shorter women who need the small frame size for clearance over the frame. It holds up well on rough trails and on the road. Bottom line: It is difficult to find WS bikes to test ride or smaller frame sizes available to test. Finding used bikes for my size is also difficult, and this bike was the solution. It's the best bike you can get for this price-tag.

Favorite Trail:   Hobby

Purchased At:   Paul's Schwinn in Wi

Similar Products Used:   Trek 4500, Trek 6500

Bike Setup:   2008, 15" frame with v-brakes.

Submitted by 1x7 Heaven a Cross Country Rider from Fort Smith, AR U.S.A

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2011

Strengths:    weight, disc (31 lbs) V-brake (30 lbs). Comfortable seat, good geometry for a female. Yellow and white paint scheme is nice.

Weaknesses:    Low end disc brakes and pedals. Have only had the bike for 1 month, but am very pleased with it for the price range.

Bottom Line:
This bike is 3 lbs lighter than the 750.00 Trek we looked at. Very pleased with the bike. Good balance between comfort and performance. Specialized is a good "bang for your buck" bike.

Favorite Trail:   Springhill, Barling AR

Purchased At:   Champion Cycling

Similar Products Used:   Specialized stumpjumper

Bike Setup:   Yellow/White paint scheme, disc brakes, added bar ends and clipless pedals.

Submitted by Danae a Weekend Warrior from Mankato, MN, USA

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2010

Strengths:    Lightweight, Good geometry for woman's specific, has set-ups all ready to take disc brakes, Awesome Value, Solid frame.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Great bike to get into the sport of mountain biking. I went all last season (my first) with only modifying the factory bike with a suspension seat-post. Upgraded this season to disc brakes and new tires.

Favorite Trail:   Lebanon Hills

Purchased At:   Nicollet South Bike

Similar Products Used:   Wal-Mart crappy bike

Bike Setup:   Avid Juicy 3 disc brakes, suspension seat-post, Bontrager select disc rims, CST Crusader tires.

Submitted by FrdSHOx3 a Weekend Warrior from Ansonia, CT

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2010

Strengths:    Light and nimble

Weaknesses:    The stock tires are not too grippy and the front shock doesn't lockout for the easy stuff.

Bottom Line:
Great entry level bike for the $$$ and it looks good too.

Favorite Trail:   Old Mine

Submitted by Holly a Weekend Warrior from Asheville, NC

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2008

Strengths:    Lightweight, easy to learn

Weaknesses:    tires don't have good traction for off road, needs disc brakes

Bottom Line:
Great bike to introduce me to mountain biking! With the new tires, it was much easier on uphills than before. Seat suprisingly comfortable. Just took it on my longest ride so far of 16 miles and I still love it. Less than half the price of my boyfriend's bike and weighed less!!!

Favorite Trail:   Tsali- Right Loop

Purchased At:   Liberty Bicycles

Submitted by a Weekend Warrior from Lehigh Valley, Pa USA

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2008

Strengths:    Solid bike. Brakes work well. Frame seems well made. Perfect fit almost right out of the shop.

Weaknesses:    Seems a bit heavy for the size. Wheelset could be lighter.

Bottom Line:
My other ride was sooo light, but it felt too big for me. I would always feel like I was gonna lose control. I didn't believe in WSD and really thought it was a bunch of cr*p! But after buying and riding this bike, I am a true believer. I feel completely confident when I ride this bike. The cockpit feels perfect. Even the width of the handlebars are perfect. I really love to ride now. Not overly thrilled about the butterflies on the frame, but the red is cool and the ride more than makes up for it! If the bike was a little lighter I would give this baby 5 chilis, but nothings perfect, at least not yet..give me a year! haha.

Purchased At:   Action Wheels, Bethlehem Pa

Similar Products Used:   Old school 98 Schwinn Moab totally upgraded....even the BB..talk about light!

Bike Setup:   stock for now, but really want to lighten this baby up!

Specialized Myka FSR Comp Womens 2008

Hello Ladies...and Gents, I have one question conbcerning the correct size for a Myka fsr comp 2008 model. My friend is 1.65 cm and currently rides a giant rock size small with mens frame. The specs for the myka frame are here [url]http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=34152[/ur ... Read More »