Soul Cycles Hooligan XC Hardtail

• Fully Removable V-Brake Mounts
  • CNC Machined Modular Dropouts

Submitted by IMHO a Racer from Triangle Area, NC

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2010

Strengths:    Beautiful Design, functional frame (SS or geared), inexpensive, top-notch customer support...

Weaknesses:    ???

Bottom Line:
For a 40yr old, I feel I ride fairly aggressively (tackle Rocks, Logs etc...and I have competed in various races (mostly endurance type) with this bike and the frame has been fantastic. It is extremely comfortable (17" Frame...I am just shy of 5'8" w/29-30" inseam) and I have had no problems going from a FS to a hardtail SS. I was looking for an inexpensive build and someone pointed me in the direction of Soul Cycles. I built this bike as a training tool to make me a stronger rider on my FS geared; now I ride my Hooligan almost exclusively. LOVE IT!

Favorite Trail:   Bandit Trails

Purchased At:   ridesoul.com

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale CAAD II, Motobecane Fantom Team

Bike Setup:   22.3 lb Single Speed. Generation III Frame, REBA fork, Vuelta Superlite wheelset (Mythos IRC II tires), Ritchey WCS bar/stem, Thomson post, Race Face Evolve Cranks, Juicy Carbon Brakes...

Submitted by taesbox a Racer from Boulder CO USA

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2009

Strengths:    Awesome frame, very light and stiff. Comes with all dropouts to set up as single-speed and/or V brakes. The paint and finish is excellent. This bike really should be about 3x the price. But don't tell them that.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
This is an outstanding frame. I was wary about being the first I knew to have one, but the frame kicks butt. The bike really handles like a race bike with quick reflexes yet very stable. With the Magura fork, can do long rides without allot of fatigue. I highly recommend.

Favorite Trail:   Is there a bad trail?

Purchased At:   RideSoul.com

Similar Products Used:   Klein, Yeti

Bike Setup:   White ENO crankset, Hope hubs, Magura Laurin fork, Easton EA70 bars, stem and seatpost, Conti tires with Mavic 317 rims, Avid BB7 brakes, Paul Thumbie shifter with Dura Ace drivetrain. Total build was 22.5 pounds