Seven Sola Steel XC Hardtail

Weight : 4.2 lbs

A high-performance hardtail designed to outdistance all other offerings in its class. For riders who value perfect fit and optimized handling more than bells and whistles out on the trail. Origin butted steel tubing features a custom blend of the highest-quality steels, making possible the best performing lightweight steel frame available.

Submitted by Brian mckie a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2012

Strengths:    Top drawer manufacturer with massive Kudos. Top quality frame with very few peers.

Weaknesses:    Unfair to say as its used but if were new I`d say cost. There comes a point where every extra pound/dollar/euro spent get back very little in return, especially for the average joe. This surely must push that fact to the furthest level.

Bottom Line:
Right. I have only just got this frame. Its a size large and is used. I haven`t given it an overall rating as I haven`t built it up yet. I have, however given it a value rating which may admittedly be irrelevant as I bought it at at great price (used).
I have been searching for YEARS for a replacement for my Yo Eddy. This was nearly always going to be with another Yo eddy. The only other frames I had considered were IF , Seven and Merlin.
Initial inspection (even though its used but in great condition ) show the steel is obviously top drawer. No corrosion to speak of. The welds are immaculate however compared to the Yo the fine detailing is still to up to Chances level (sealed tubes,bullet capped stays etc) however the proof of the pudding is in the ride. I will build it correctly with components as good as the ones on the FAT and get back with a 100% unbiased and honest opinion.

Favorite Trail:   wall of death, castle keeks

Similar Products Used:   Fat Chance Yo Eddy, Fat Chance Bro Eddy, Trek 990, Saracen Kili Ultra, Ibis Alibi etc etc

Submitted by Tom a Cross Country Rider from Plymouth

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2007

Strengths:    Geometry and performance characteristics were tuned to my needs and wants. The frame was delivered on time and as specified. The bike performs exactly as I expected.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
I found out through a fitting session that I have long legs relative to my torso length. This is why "off the shelf" frames generally aren't comfortable for me. I also don't like the specs. on the new hardtails that are available. Seven's design/build process addresses and eliminates these shortcomings. I can now ride as long as I want with no pain. This frame is an engineering masterpiece that is made for me. It is well worth the cost.

Purchased At:   Erik's