Pace RC303 XC Hardtail

Weight : 1.95 kg

• Pace 6066 series aluminium material
  • 450mm, 476mm Seat tube length
  • CNC machined frame dropout mounts
  • Reinforced diameter & 68mm width
  • 44mm semi-integrated headset

Submitted by ChrisJ

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2013

Strengths:    A simple, aggressive xc bike that delivers fun by the bucket-load. I have had mine since 2007 and still love it like day one. Big days in the Yorkshire Dales might see me on a fuss sus, but three and four hour rides are comfy and fun. This bike loves speed, encourages spirited riding and you cannot help grinning.

Weaknesses:    This bike will seriously affect your (mental and physical) health! You will end up writing cheques that your body cannot cash. You will not be able to stop and look at the scenery, you will not be able to 'pootle', you will hurt after rides.

Bottom Line:
It is a Siren that cyclists should avoid. If it were a chemical, it would a Class A drug and banned across the world. One whiff and you're hooked. There is no I-can-stop-any-time with this bike!

Buy one and rediscover why you love cycling. Lose the Mistress and have way more fun by yourself and other consenting adults.

Submitted by graceabound a Cross Country Rider from Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, Philippines

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2011

Strengths:    Low maintenance, light and absorb well on rough road

Weaknesses:    can't find one can you?

Bottom Line:
Comfortable in riding, this bike makes my lungs wheezing coz I can't stop climbing. And this bike causes me to give up all my full suspension rigs, too bad...I am going back to hardtail setting! :(

Favorite Trail:   Balili Sibulan, Negros Oriental, Philippines

Purchased At:   Philippines mountain

Similar Products Used:   Kinesis (Taiwan)

Bike Setup:   Fox talas 32mm, xt drive train, xtr hydro brakes w/ 7" rear rotor and 8" front rotor, mavic 717 with pro hubs2, truvative seatpost and handle bar w/ stem, and ritchey saddle.

Submitted by Mountain_Rocker a Weekend Warrior from Manila, Philippines

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2010

Strengths:    climbs like a goat(on steroids) & descents rigidly! excellent framework,tough built, frame gives a very stable ride

Bottom Line:
I got this used, I never knew I'd love riding a hard tail bike! climbs like a goat (on roids!) & descents rigidly.. I bought this as a temporary frame coz i sold my FTM for a Pivot Mach 5 (which i hope arrives really soon!) but now I decided to keep the Pace as my HT bike!:) buy this frame you will

Favorite Trail:   La Mesa Ecoreserve

Purchased At:   bought used

Similar Products Used:   Titus FTM (just basing it coz of the fork travel)

Bike Setup:   fulcrum red metal 3, continental rubber queen (front) & mountain king (rear), XT Dynasys, Hope Tech X2 Brakes

Submitted by Nick Hill a Weekend Warrior from North Lincs, England

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2007

Strengths:    Amazing singletrack ability, good climber, amazing ability to suck up trail bumps etc despite solid feel.

Weaknesses:    only thing I can say is that it makes me think I ride better than I actually can! and you might have to wait a couple of weeks after getting your anme on the ever growing list of buyers - yes it's that good.

Bottom Line:
Target buyer would be a long day out rider who wants a 5" fork up front.

If you want a ride all day hard-tail that absolutely rips on the trail then this is the one.

Favorite Trail:   Dalby