Motobecane FLY Team hardtail XC Hardtail

Sub 20 lb XC Race
FLY Team - 19.9 lbs
XTR / FSA List $2495

Rave reviews from Mountain Bike Action, Mountain Biking Magazine, Bike Magazine

"Mountain Biking XC Race Bike of the Year" "attack the mountains" "responsive ride" "Performance and parts spec is on the highest level"
Mountain Biking Magazine

Submitted by htcltd a Racer from Nelson, New Zealand

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2011

Strengths:    This is excellent value for money. A very light bike (sub 20 lbs) with a titanium frame and excellent components. Rides great.

Weaknesses:    To keep the cost down they didn't use Shimano chain/hub so shifting isn't as good as it should be.

Bottom Line:
This is probably the most bike for the buck you can find anywhere. Compared with other $2500 bikes you get top of the line components, a great frame and one very light bike. I used it on the Tour Divide race and had no problems at all.

Purchased At:   Bikesdirect.com

Similar Products Used:   Marin

Submitted by hanzo111 a Cross Country Rider from Bethesda MD

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2011

Strengths:    First off I was amazed by the welds! and then the price, The way the frame is built i would really expect it to cost 3 times as much. The components are excellent.

Weaknesses:    I really don't see any weaknesses, it climbs like mad and with the Avid ultimate brakes it stops very well although these brakes need to be bled every 25 hard miles.
The FSA crank is great but the chain rings dont hold up to well.

Bottom Line:
I must say I was worried about the low cost of these bikes, But I would not hesitate to buy another. I know quality when I see it; I own an IF single speed and I don't mind spending the $$ if I need to but in this case I am way beyond words for the value this bike represents.

5 chillies all the way, Ferrari at the price of a Honda

Favorite Trail:   Seneca park

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   NONE! My first Ti bike, My last hard tail front suspension bike was my old Diamond back chromoly frame that lasted me years when i was poor.

Bike Setup:   Stock with the exception of the following:
2 Zipps carbon bottle cages
Cates eye computer

Submitted by trapper a Cross Country Rider from Wisconsin, USA

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2008

Strengths:    Light weight, strong frame (for weight), Excellent components, Great climbing machine.

Weaknesses:    For me it is the Rapid Fire shifters - I prefer grip shifts.
Also, the RockShox SID Race is a bit light duty for me. Might need to upgrade to a Reba.

Bottom Line:
Price being a huge factor the value flag goes way way up on this bike. The bike along with bikesdirect.com have me smiling ear to ear. I expected to find the bike assembled with all kinds of mistakes but, I had my mechanic friend look it over and he was impressed how well they set it up.

I am coming from a heavy FS bike which I have been riding and racing for 5 years. I consider myself a good climber and by far that is my strength. On this bike I am insane on the climbing. I look forward to steep technical angled climbs. Even with the Kenda Lite tires I have been riding everything. *The Kenda Lite tires are sketchy and takes some getting used to - but once mastered my skills on balancing on them and controlling the skidding etc. has made me faster.

As much as I love this racing machine - There will be a race or 2 that I will take out my FS and race on the uber technical sharp rock garden single with track 2 foot roots .

Favorite Trail:   Levis Mound

Purchased At:   bikesdirect.com

Similar Products Used:   KHS, k2, Specialized.

Bike Setup:   Fork RockShox SID Race - 80mm travel Pure Delite Dual Air suspension with External rebound adjust
Crankset FSA Carbon Pro Team Issue Integrated spindle 22/32/44T
Hubs Black Anodized Vuelta XRP Team Edition, Precison Bearing with QR
Spokes Round Double Butted Stainless steel black finish with alloy nipples
Rims Vuleta XRP Team SuperLite Disc, doublewall aluminum/eyelets
Tires Kenda Klimax Lite 26 x 1.95 Kevlar, presta valve tubes
Brakes Avid Juicy Carbon, 160mm rotor 6 bolt IS mount (standard) (V-Brake Bosses NOT Included)
Brake Levers Avid Juicy Carbon