Lynskey Performance Designs Pro 26 XC Hardtail

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The hardtail Pro26 is ready to RACE…plain and simple. Built with a Helix technology tube set for maximum stiffness, beautiful lines and a PressFit 30 bottom bracket (now available bearings for BB30 or standard Shimano cranks) for enhanced power transfer. Built around a 100mm travel sussy fork (120 is certainly acceptable as well), the Pro26’s race proven geometry allows for confident handling and pure performance. The Pro26 is sure to get you to the top of the podium in no time.

Submitted by BCsaltchucker a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2016

Strengths:    zippy power transfer. lightweight. gorgeous and no problem with a ton of mud forever

Weaknesses:    head angle maybe too steep for my liking. PF30 BB shell is a bad idea. 27.2 seat post dia is not so good for dropper posts and 6 4 guys

Bottom Line:
bought this a couple years ago from Lysnkey for low clearout price of $1k. Last of the 26 inch bikes I guess.

I wanted the best climbing bike possible to recapture some of the glory of my Klein Attitude from 25 years ago. I am not very light like my racing days but I want the climbs to be enjoyable still. but also with Ti comfort benefits and corrosion resistance.

I loaded it up with X9, XT 180mm brakes, and Crossmax, and a low cost but light and XC-suitable Suntour Epicon fork 100mm. And also aggressive flat pedals and 2.4 sticky DH tires.

Have grown to really like the bike. However I am also a little tired of the steep head angle. The trails are uber rough and wet and rooty here. It is not XC country at all, but I dislike any FS. Had a bad OTB crash recently and decided to either mod the bike or buy something else. In the end, I just liked how this bike climbs and fits me, plus already invested in the high end parts you only find on $5k bikes now. So instead I am putting a Fox 650B 120mm fork and a ... 650B wheel on the front now! To slacken the head angle and get some more pedal clearance, plus better fork performance with less dive. I hope. hey cheaper than a new bike. if it is too much, maybe i wil put 650B on the back too, then it will be a modern bike, ha. I will keep you posted.

Favorite Trail:   Fun Trail

Duration Product Used:   2 yrs

Purchased At:   direct from lynskey

Similar Products Used:   lynskey Cooper CX, Rocky Slayer, Rocky DHRace, Klein Attitude, Ritchey Commando (OK that was the late 80s!)

Bike Setup:   x9/XO, XT brakes, Fox, Mavic, Gravity Dropper post, SMP saddle

Submitted by Max Ng a Cross Country Rider from Melaka,Malaysia

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2011

Strengths:    Stiff, Light and very very responsive

Weaknesses:    can be cheaper

Bottom Line:
I went out to ride … and it is flying…. I was looking for the built-in engine… couldn’t find it… it was so easy to climb the hills… I always looking forward to race with it… ahhh so awesome. Of course the SRAM XX is the best thing I have ever tried. The shifting is perfect, the gears are comfortable… no problem whatsoever. I was preparing myself for the two chain rings in the front since ages… it sounded scary… but actually it is really nice. The gears are really comfortable and I haven’t had the chance to miss the granny gear. I think it is a great system… but again… I wasn’t expecting anything less from SRAM. im regret to choose Lynskey Pro 26 and Sram component's as my last choice who the hell say Ti bike and sram parts are not there yet, i had try most of the 5 star brand. i belief a lot of people had the same feeling just that u know people tend to fancy and go crazy about brand rather than the product it self. that explain well why marketing is important. really to me some of the 5 start brand are over rated.

i had found my perfect bike how about u my friend!!

Favorite Trail:   Burung hante 2011

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   KSH TTDI

Similar Products Used:   Merida 96 full carbon, Santa Cruz Blur XC carbon, Titus Racer X carbon.

Bike Setup:   Full XX, Dt swiss XRM 100mm, Fulcrum Zero