Litespeed Tanasi XT disc XC Hardtail

Submitted by dhpaul a Cross Country Rider from Big Bear Lake CA USA

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2008

Strengths:    The bike seems to be better on tight switchbacks than I am. An absolutely excellent ride. Great balance and handling.

Weaknesses:    Have not found any and I have been trying. Even the decals are better than in the past.

Bottom Line:
While I have a full suspension S-Works Epic and love that bike for almost all roads the Litespeed is at a level I have never experienced. The bike climbs as fast as any bike I have ever had and descends with a sense of owning the the road. Titanium is the perfect frame material. This bike is 6/4ti which while harder to work with does provide a better ride. I had my Merlin XLM for 2 years while in Zurich and loved the bike. I was all set to upgrade the bike to discs when I had an opportunity to ride the Litespeed. Now I have had a previous Unicoi and had good experiences with Litespeed but preferred the Merlin. This Litespeed changed all of that. This is probably the best hardtail out there! Understand that there are times I do opt for the fully as the trail conditions or type of riding my require it. But I use the Litespeed on road rides as well as fire roads up here in the mountains. It is a blast to ride. The perfect balance for a do everything ride.

Favorite Trail:   1E01