Kinley RX XC Hardtail

Brakes: Shimano
F/R Derailleur: Shimano XT

Submitted by Eric a Weekend Warrior from Duluth, MN

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2006

Strengths:    Component set is the best for the price out of all the bikes i have tried, Light, tires are awesome in all conditions,

Weaknesses:    None to speak of what so ever.

Bottom Line:
If you are looking for a $1000 dollar bike at a $500 price Kinley is for you. I was in the market for a new bike and was looking at a Gary Fisher Marlin and a Trek. I was leaning toward the marlin, but when i was on mtbr.com i came accross kinley's website. I asked around at the local bike shops and no one had heard of Kinley. So i took a chance and ordered one. After talking to kinley's customer service rep I found out that they are just a couple of years old as a company and are trying to make their mark in the cycling world. Read their mission statement on their website. The bike i got was exactly as ordered. It was very easy to assemble and came with all of the manuals for all the parts on the bike. Kinley does buisness the way it should be done, great service, exceptional products, and great communication. If you have any doubts about purchasing a Kinley, give em a call and see who is the new name in premium mountain bikes.

Purchased At:   kinleybicycles.com

Similar Products Used:   Trek, Gary fisher Marlin, Specialized

Bike Setup:   Stock except for new kona pedals and a cateye computer

Submitted by Dan a Cross Country Rider from Reidsville, NC USA

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2006

Strengths:    Price / value
XT & Deore components, among others. Should last a long time with minimal failures.
Appears well built, not too heavy.
Crashes well, don't ask how I know :)
Kinley appears to be genuinely concerned with customer satisfaction and quality products at good prices.

Weaknesses:    For my level of riding and experience, it doesn't appear to have any major weaknesses. My experienced riding bud gives it thumbs up after his assesments. Says it should suit my capability level for a good amount of time.

Bottom Line:
I've added clipless pedals, different bar ends, stiffend up the front fork, and had my buddy tune it for me....may have to get a longer stem one day. Replaced the seat, which broke during one of my many get offs. -$20.
If I had to do it all over again, I may have purchased the 21" bike, as I may be at the max limits of this 19" frame.
I'm 5'11" 215 lbs...got the seat post just about to min. insertion point.

Favorite Trail:   The one Brent made

Purchased At:   www.kinleybikes.com

Bike Setup:   Needed a fair amount of adjustment on the rear stops and rear derailler, plus typical cable stretch adjustments. Buddy tells me that he feels the handlebar stem is too short, but I'm not fast or good enough to tell the difference yet.

Submitted by Mike Graham a Weekend Warrior from Toronto,Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2006

Strengths:    Awesome components for the money. Great paint job. Great customer service. Fast delivery,.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I would seriously consider these guys before you buy a new bike. You can get $1200 buck worth of bike for $500. Help these guys get to the next level of recognition.

Similar Products Used:   Gary Fisher, Trek

Bike Setup:   Super Easy. Put on Pedals, front tire, and clip in brake wire......done

Submitted by Brian Adkison a Weekend Warrior from Albuquerque, NM

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2006

Strengths:    Component group is AMAZING! Frame is LIGHT and STIFF! Bike came packaged SO well! took about 5 mins to put together, 30 mins to adjust everything and put on new pedals. I was happy that they offered quality V-Brakes rather than bottom of the line Disc's (cheap disc brakes SUCK)

Weaknesses:    Schrader Valve tubes! I haven't had them on a bike since I had a crap-mart bike in 2nd grade.

Bottom Line:
AWESOME BUY as far as I can tell so far. After I ride a little more I will give a more thorough review. The Judy shock looks awesome, and in taking it off some decent drops it REALY soaks up the bumps well. I was concerned that the fork would be the first thing to go, but feels great! I am on the light side weighing about 165, but the fork feels great to me. Customer Service so far seems AWESOME at Kinley as well. I truly believe that any bike you buy will do the job, but value and customer service are the areas where you will win or lose!

Favorite Trail:   Otero Canyon

Similar Products Used:   Tested=Specialized Rockhopper/Hardrock,
current F/S bike=Trek Y-22

Bike Setup:   17" frame size (metallic blue), Shimano SPD pedals, everything else is stock for now. No need to replace anything utill it breaks/wears out!

Submitted by jesse melendy a Weekend Warrior from fallon nevada

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2006

Strengths:    great components, light weight,low price,unbelievable customer service

Bottom Line:
This is a great bike, with awsome components at a low price , has a one on one customer service that is just fantastic!!!!

Favorite Trail:   sheckler

Purchased At:   kinley

Similar Products Used:   trek, giant

Bike Setup:   great, exceptional components

Submitted by Chris a Weekend Warrior from Michigan

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2006

Strengths:    Great components. Very nice frame.

Weaknesses:    Nothing

Bottom Line:
This bike is a very good value. The components are top of the line. Frame, paint, fit and finish are excellent. Great customer service. Buy one of these bikes with confidence, they come just as described and pictured.
If you were to buy the same level of bike from Trek it would cost you twice the money!

Purchased At:   Online