Jamis Durango 3.0 XC Hardtail

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)
Weight : 30.25 lbs

• FRAME: 7005 triple gauge aluminum main tubes, S-bend stays, gusseted down tube, replaceable derailleur hanger, international disc brake mount.
  • FORK: Manitou Axel Platinum Lockout, 100mm travel.
  • HEADSET: Aheadset, STS-2K, 1 1/8”.
  • WHEELSET: WTB Speed Disc rims, eyeleted, 32H, with Formula front & rear disc hubs, 14g black stainless steel spokes.
  • TIRES: Hutchinson Scorpion, 26” x 2.0”, wire bead.
  • DERAILLEURS: Shimano Deore rear, Deore 31.8mm top pull front.
  • SHIFTERS: Shimano Deore, Rapidfire SL, 27-speed.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Stevuke a Cross Country Rider from Bergenfield, NJ

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2010

Strengths:    Excellent and relatively inexpensive entry level bike for someone looking to get just a "little" more than your typical $400 - $600 set up. Tough beast of a bike.. a hardtail that seems to handle the all-mountain terrain well. Love the hydraulics... totally clutch. Corners like it's on rails.

Weaknesses:    It's a hardtail.. heavy one at that (I have the 2009..in 2010 they did a little better). Every once in a while it takes a second to shift to the largest gear on my chainring... no biggy.

Bottom Line:
    I couldn't be happier.. this bike takes everything I've thrown at it.. and I've been riding it frequently.

Handles and corners very well. Easy to maneuver up and over obstacles. This bike makes me VERY glad I went with the hardtail.. I don't feel at all limited in terms of terrain. On the contrary.. I can ride this thing up and down steep rock beds and over logs and drops all day long... and it has that nice responsive hardtail frame to boot.

LOVE THE BRAKES!! Excellent modulation to make a newbie feel nice and safe on a whoop-di-doo or a very steep switch-back.. with out forcing us to scrub all our speed.

You can't beat the components for the price.

I'd suggest this bike to any newbie who is struggling with the hartail/FS debate... go hardtail.. but get a nice one and you can take it anywhere...

Favorite Trail:   Sprain Ridge Park, NY

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   This is my first mountain bike since I was a kid.

Bike Setup:   I have the 2009 Durango 3. I have the below setup exactly.

Submitted by bryanwithay a Cross Country Rider from Dahlonega, GA, USA

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2009

Strengths:    This is a very sturdy/beast of a bike. It is well built.

Weaknesses:    Pedels: If you are a novice rider get used to the bike before you update the pedals. However, You will want to upgrade to clipless in order to unleash the bike's full potential. Forks: Great entry level forks. Have not had any problems with them, but I plan on upgrading- I know that I am missing something else.

Bottom Line:
    Spend the extra money and the 3.0 Durango. I have tried to push the bike to its limits and can not find any faults in the bike.

Favorite Trail:   Bull/Jake Mountain

Bike Setup:   Stock except the pedals.

Submitted by Jerzyxb a Cross Country Rider from Medford, NJ, USA

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2009

Strengths:    Great bike takes everything I have thrown at it and hasnt given me any problems in 7.5 months.

Weaknesses:    Stock tires were horrible IMO and the pedals werent the greatest.

Bottom Line:
    I highly reccomend this bike to anyone looking for a decent bike to ride some trails with. I originally went into the shop for a giant yukon and after seeing the Durango and comparing the specs and prices jumped on the jamis and could no be happier.

Favorite Trail:   Mercer county park