Iron Horse Warrior 3 XC Hardtail

• Pedals: Alloy Platform
  • Seatpost: Alloy Micro Adjust

Submitted by cutubh a Cross Country Rider from Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2009

Strengths:    Frame build and geometry, cheap price for a very good(non profit)bicycle.

Weaknesses:    Weight - it's a little heavy Iron Horse frame.

Bottom Line:
If you are looking for very strengths with a very good geometry mountain bike, here you go. If you don't intend to have a ultimate professional mtb, this one is right for you. And don't forget...this bike is the cheapest with those components.

Favorite Trail:   XC

Purchased At:   Randall Scott

Similar Products Used:   KHS and GT

Bike Setup:   I bought this bike and the only thing that I change was the rear derailleur. Was a Shimano Deore, now it's a Shimano XT Shadow.

Submitted by weazeypeazey27 a Cross Country Rider from Charlotte, North Carolina

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2009

Strengths:    price, components, fork

Weaknesses:    some aspects of the components, shifters, pedals and spindles.

Bottom Line:
This bike was ok but i only had it for two days before i got so fed up i took it back, the derailuer(sp) was giving me problems and the, the store installed some new pedals before i left (forte) and as soom as i hit the trail when i got home, the right pedal blew up and i had to ride home on the spindle, BOOOO. and the the crank was acting funny, just save your money and either custom build a bike or get a better bike

Favorite Trail:   USNWWC

Purchased At:   performance cycles

Similar Products Used:   K2 3.0 ZED

Submitted by Surfmus a Cross Country Rider from Kissimmee FL

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2008

Strengths:    The Frame is strong, the Dart 1 is ok, and it handles well on fast speed.

Weaknesses:    The saddle, the rear derailleur, it does not hold torque and the tires are cheap made rubber material. I got a flat tire on my second day of use. TODAY!!!

Bottom Line:
This is great bike for the price. For entry level is perfect. I recommend to upgrade as you use it.

Favorite Trail:   Santos and Alafia

Purchased At:   Dicks

Similar Products Used:   I've had several bikes, and they all are unique but It this one can be similar to DB responce, and any other bike with the IH same components.

Bike Setup:   I put clipless pedals, Shimano M520 and a cyclocomputer. Readjusted the rear derailleur, adjusted the stem to fit my size better since the bike is 19" and I'm used to 18"

Submitted by nepernesu a Cross Country Rider from cleveland, oh

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2008

Strengths:    good frame, decent components

Weaknesses:    a bit heavy,came with rs dart1-sucks,talk about entry level...

Bottom Line:
good bang for a buck, but then you get what you pay for...while it is a bit heavy, it is still not awkward on tight singletrack. good entry level XC bike, but no more than that. i'm sure the frame will take much more abuse, but the components are all XC

Submitted by dugson37 a Weekend Warrior from Finksburg, MD

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2008

Strengths:    I'm 42 yrs. old and I'm just getting back into riding to get some cardio and enjoy the outdoors. Bikes aren't what they used to be when I was younger, so I'm really a novice when it comes to knowing what's good and what's not! However, so far I think one of the strengths is the durability of the frame. And the shifting seems fairly smooth.

Weaknesses:    I would say change seats before you go riding too far.

Bottom Line:
Good bike for the price so far. I'm excited about getting out and riding more. I think if I get more serious, I would go with a bike that is lighter. Would recommend it for someone like me, who just enjoys trail riding w/o the extreme jumping/downhill adventuers!

Favorite Trail:   Liberty Reservoir

Purchased At:   Performance

Submitted by Adina WIltshire a Weekend Warrior from Canada

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2008

Strengths:    Frame, Brakes, Gear Shifters,Brakes

Weaknesses:    Seat (hurts the arse if your a sitter)

Bottom Line:
I use my bike mainly for commuting around my little town, once in a bit I get out to a trail and I fall in love with this lil guy everytime :) Smooth ride the whole way through no problems at all, efficient gear shifting no worries on this guy... like the previous comment made above, BUY A GAURD! trust me, your legs will appreciate it in the long run.

Awesome handling downhills/Uphills and jumps (I haven't tried the big guys yet, so I speak for the little jumps)
The brakes On this bike are awesome! I ride my bike pretty hard (slow biking isn't realistic) So when I need to stop to avoiding dyeing the occasional time... they are life savers.

Definitely a beginners bike, hands-down on that one. If anyone can manage to break/crack this frame, you let me know... Its almost impossible.

Ride Hard, Or Don't Ride At ALL!

Purchased At:   Sportchek

Bike Setup:   XC

Submitted by chad k a Weekend Warrior from Vernon, B.C., Canada

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2008

Strengths:    Frame, Breaks, Forks, Almost everything

Weaknesses:    doesn't come with a bash guard

Bottom Line:
If you don't have a lot of money and don't do a lot of hardcore biking this bike is great. I bought my bike while it was on sale at Sport Chek and went out and bought a bash guard the next day. this bike stands up to almost anything from going down stairs to going off of 4 foot jumps (I weigh 100lbs and i am 5 foot 3). The only thing that i would suggest is to replace the third ring with a bash guard of some sort. If you are a big person the shock may not be the greatest for you, go out and buy some shocks with more travel. all in all this is a great bike fore anyone starting to bike more intensely than usual.

Favorite Trail:   None

Purchased At:   Sport Chek

Bike Setup:   Stock except for a Bash guard on the third ring

Iron Horse Warrior 3.0 for first bike?

Found this on CL for $350, good deal? Any sub-par components or things that might need to be replaced since this is a 2007 model? I don't know anything about Iron Horse. [IMG]http://www.rscycle.com/site/image_browser/warrior_3.0_black_lg.jpg[/IMG] Frame & Fork Frame Construction TIG-welded F ... Read More »

Iron Horse 1.3 Warrior? Good buy?

There is a used Iron Horse 1.3 Warrior that is for sale for $300 locally. It is a few years old, but hasn't been ridden much, and still has the nubs on the tires. It looks mint. Good buy?Read More »

3-16-2010 Susquehanna Warrior Trail

[URL="http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/dexter30/3-16-2010/?action=view¤t=2010_03_161.jpg"][IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/dexter30/3-16-2010/th_2010_03_161.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL="http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/dexter30/3-16-2010/?action=view¤t=2010_03_162.jpg"] ... Read More »

07 Iron Horse 1.3 warrior VS 04 Trek 4500 alpha

Hey guys , I recently got a 2007 iron horse 1.3 warrior, Now my buddy wants to trade his mint 2004 trek 4500 alpha, What would you guys suggest I do? Whats a better bike? chrisRead More »

Upgrading My 07 Iron Horse 1.3 Warrior

Hey Guys I was thinking of upgrading my bike a bit, For Bars I was thinking Azonic AZ-7 I have a Specialized Stem and Headset Suggestions? chrisRead More »