Haro Flightline Two XC Hardtail

• Hubset: Alloy 8 speed cassette hubset
  • Front/Rear Tire: Kenda 831A 26x2.1

Submitted by inlikeflynn2013 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2013

Strengths:    Price, Frame, 100mm Travel Fork (2013 Haro Flightline Two;26er), Saddle (comfortable)

Weaknesses:    Front Derailleur, Front Brakes (Caliper)

Bottom Line:
Riding Skills - Intermediate / Trail/Terrain - Advanced

the 2013 haro flightline two;26er retails at $470, with that said, you get a lot for the price compare to other brands. 100mm travel fork, front and rear mechanical disc brakes, front and rear shimano altus derailleur, comfortable saddle, good threaded tires and a reputable company.

after replacing the grips, saddle AND seat post with lighter ones, my bike weighed at 28 pounds. my bike is a 15" frame that weighs 29.5 pounds (stock) comparing to my friends kona kahuna 18"frame;29er, with hydraulic brakes that weighs 29 pounds (stock), then again his bike is $1200 and mine i bought for $420 out the door.

didn't really like the mechanical brakes on this bike..only one caliper pushes the rotor inward and it made my front rotor bend. the front derailleur, will hit the chain if i am on 2nd gear front and 4th gear rear, maybe it just need adjustments?

Duration Product Used:   3x/week - 4months

Purchased At:   Bicycle John's (Nort

Submitted by boothy19 a Weekend Warrior from Australia

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2010

Strengths:    Geometry, Weight, Components, Overall Build. Good handling in tight stuff, good compromise on gearing (high gears for speed and good low gears for climbing. other bikes (big name brands too) ive riden sometimes havn't got this mix right)
Haro Flightline 2 a good strong fun bike.

Weaknesses:    have to stop and take weight of forks to lockout. not a haro problem, its just the low end suntour forks (which many many manufacturers use). Not a problem unless you are racing, but then id probably leave them unlocked anyway.

Bottom Line:
A top buy, great componentry for price. Well designed geometry and great fun bike, where ever you use it.

Favorite Trail:   Local Trails

Purchased At:   Local dealer

Similar Products Used:   many many bikes over time, some of the latest Shogun, GT, Raleigh, Specialized, even Repco(i havnt owned all of these, some are friends / family that i have used a fair bit)

Bike Setup:   Stock, though larger pedals and longer grips coming soon.

Submitted by Cheapskate Biker a Weekend Warrior from Michigan

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2009

Strengths:    The frame is perfect for me

Weaknesses:    Components not meant for singletrack w/ rocks & roots. Acera derailleurs/ suntour crankset/ fork - biggest problem is dropping the chain ALL THE TIME!

Bottom Line:
This is a nice bike for railtrails or paved paths, smooth trails. I didn't think I would be riding the way I do- bought the bike & got dragged along on a group ride - loved the rougher trails, now I have the wrong bike. Gonna upgrade starting with the rear derailleur - either XT or x7 or x9.. we'll see. Can't afford the bike I want, but I think the frame is perfect for upgrading.

Favorite Trail:   Stoney Creek

Purchased At:   Local bike shop

Submitted by RedGorilla a Weekend Warrior from Nashville, TN

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2009

Strengths:    EZ Fire shifters work great, light frame rides with great control

Weaknesses:    It seems to shift a little rough on the 2nd front gear

Bottom Line:
Until I bought this bike (at a steal on craigslist) I had never had a really good bike... had always opted for the cheap knockoff's from WalMart. I will never go back to that junk. After 1 hour riding, I've realized that you get what you pay for...

Purchased At:   Craigslist