GT Aggressor 1.0 XC Hardtail

With a lightweight aluminum frame, stable, easy-to-ride geometry, trail-worthy component spec and, 63mm travel forks, the Aggressor has everything the aspiring trail rider needs to be introduced into the sport of mountain biking, without riding like a bogged-down-hog on the street.
  • Frame: GT Triple Triangle Aggressor frame, 6061 aluminum with removable derailluer hanger
  • Fork: SR-Suntour M3000 AL-D 63mm travel
  • Crank: Suntour XCC T102 42,32,26t
  • Brakes: Tektro Novela Mech. Disc Brake
  • Saddle: GT All Terra w/ waterproof cover

Submitted by Skrufryder a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2012

Strengths:    The FRAME. I dont think I have ever ridden any thing else that can compare to the handeling of the GT triple triangle. Stout n Super stiff. Light weight aluminium! I've ridden the older steel frames and they just kick! Wish I could afford a carbon fiber or titanium!

Weaknesses:    I gave 4 chillies for value only cus of the parts list.But at any price point I'm goin with the GT.

Bottom Line:
Awesome frame desing. Nothing else compares to the triple triangle. I look for just the frames. They are just a great platform to build anything you waant from XC,DH, I've even seen them set up trials, and dirt jumping. I do belive GT is the only company to win both the XC and DH world cup on a hard tail!

Favorite Trail:   Muddiest ones I can Find

Similar Products Used:   Trek 800,950,4500,6500,8000 specialized hard rock, rock hopper, stumpjumper. Giant 09 Rincon(best year for that model, Raleigh Technium Blue Crush? Super up graded Schwinn High Mountain.

Submitted by kerryp a Weekend Warrior from Bastrop, Texas, USA

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2012

Strengths:    The frame appears to be well constructed and the welds are clean and look like stacked coins.
The bike was tuned nicely out of the box and after assy. it was ready to go.
The components are what you would expect at this price point, but xo far are working fine after about 100 miles.

Weaknesses:    I can't think of any. the components would be the obvious choice, but like i said, they are typical to what you get on similar level bikes from competitors. I bought this based on the price with the intent of upgrading as things fail or as finances allow.
I do wish the front fork was a little better and had lockout, but that'll come later.

Bottom Line:
I bought this because i was looking for a decent bike at a price i could afford. I needed a good base to work from and i think this is a good base that will work for what I need.So far i have about 100 miles on it and it has ridden extremely well and all of the components work just fine. If you are looking for a bike with the top tier components that is ready to go out of the box, this isn't it, but if you want a decent bike for moderate use with a decent frame and components that you can upgrade little by little, go for it, its a good bike.

Purchased At:   Bikesdirect.com

Similar Products Used:   It has been years since i mountain biked, my last bike was one of the first gen Ralieghs.

Bike Setup:   Factory

aggressor 1.0 fork upgrade

hello all this if my first post on this forum. i purchased a 2012 gt aggressor 1.0 last night should be in my hands by wednesday of next week. i bought it as a platform to slowly build up im not to terribly serious about biking but i have a few friends who are crazy about it and it only took about a ... Read More »

GT Aggressor 1.0 vs. Giant Talon 29er 0

Looking to get my first bike and the GT is 330 and the Giant is 750. My question is, is the GT really that bad of a bike that I should spend more money on the Giant right of the bat? What is better for the money? Just looking to do casual riding and get outside, not any crazy downhill but at some ... Read More »

What Kind of Spare Tire for GT Aggressor 1.0?

I bought myself a GT Aggressor a few days ago. I read all around the forums that I should carry a spare tire, but I don't know what kind to buy? Most probably I'll be buying it online, because the place I currently reside in is a small one. According to the specifications I found online, current ... Read More »

HELP!!! - Need help dating a GT Aggressor 1.0

Hello All, I just picked up this same year GT Aggressor 1.0 and I would like to know what year it is. The picture is not my bike it's just the same paint and decals. Any help would be appreciated!!! SlewwRead More »

100mm fork on a 2001 GT Aggressor 1.0

I posted [URL=http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=108842]this[/URL] question at the shox forum. Pehaps someone from GT owners had a similar experience? Thanks.Read More »