Fuji Tahoe Pro XC Hardtail

• Chain: KMC HG-73
  • Handlebar: Fuji Pro Riser 15 double butted aluminum 31.8mm
  • Saddle: WTB Rocket V Comp SE
  • Seat post: Fuji Micro Adjust, 350mm
  • Stem: Fuji 3D Forged Al 1 1/8"
  • Bottom bracket: TruVativ PowerSpline Sealed Cartridge
  • Pedals: Xpedo MF-3 clipless
  • Shifters: Shimano Deore Dual Control Shifter

Submitted by 59Bassman a Weekend Warrior from Knoxville, TN, USA

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2011

Strengths:    Well-speced hardware. No corners cut on brakes, drivetrain, or fork. My bike is a 2009 model, and came with SRAM X7 drivetrain, Truvativ cranks, Juicy 5 brakes, a Reba fork, and Conti Mountain King tires. Mine was in an olive color that isn't listed on the factory page. Very stable bike, easy to ride and a far better bike than I am a rider. The large downtube seems to keep the bike pretty rigid and solid.

Weaknesses:    The main weakness is in the weight. I ride the Large frame, which is about 32 lbs. I think there is some savings to be made in the wheels, but that enormous down tube has to cost something.

There are two other issues I've had with the bike, both interrelated. First, the seat post stripped out, causing the seat to move around very uncomfortably under me while riding. Second, the rails on the WTB Race saddle bent. I was able to beat them back into shape, but I'm going to replace the saddle eventually. The seat post got replaced with an Easton and I've had no other problems. Note that I'm still a big chicken - I've not taken the bike off of anything significant for drops - this happened on pretty tame XC trails around here.

Bottom Line:
For what I paid for the bike, it's awesome. I don't know that you could get that same set of components for $850 without shopping used, even without a frame. My thought was to buy the bike, and if I didn't really like it, swap the frame for a Niner or similar HT 29er. As it stands, I really like the bike for what it is. The only things I've changed with a year of riding have been to add a bottle cage, and a new seatpost to replace the one that died.

The bike climbs pretty well, but the big plus is in how it just rolls over obstacles. I'm very happy with this purchase.

Favorite Trail:   Haw Ridge

Similar Products Used:   Tested a number of bikes including some Giant 29ers, Specialized Stumpjumpers, and a couple of Trek/Fishers

Bike Setup:   Bike setup was OK from the factory. I had some shifting issues due to a bent derailleur hanger, but I believe that is due more to the LBS's racks than the factory.

Submitted by romycillo a Weekend Warrior from manila philippines

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2009

Strengths:    reliable and rigid. effective front fork rock shox dart 3 in a bumpy muddy roads. efficient shimano deore shifters even in the countryside rough roads condition.

Weaknesses:    the fuji rubber handle is not so fit. it loosen during the rigid activity. get a little research on rubber texture which is soft and can stand a good grip with the metal handle tube.

Bottom Line:
excellent bike for the first time owners. high degree of road worthiness.

Favorite Trail:   tagaytay trail