Fetish Cycles Discipline XC Hardtail

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)

The new Fetish Cycles Discipline mountain frame has the geometry of a race bike. The frame is made of 7005 double-butted aluminum. The frame was designed around a 100mm travel fork. Also this frame accepts both disc and v-brakes. You will love the way this bike handles because its geometry is similar to our top of the line race frames but for a fraction of the cost. There is no compromise with the Fetish Cycles Discipline, you will not only have a stiff frame but also a very comfortable ride.

Submitted by Paul

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2012

Strengths:    Very durable, low cost, good components from Fetish Cycles, lots of riding with very few issues. Good geometry, race inspired.

Weaknesses:    Kinda heavy for an XC hardtail (mine is 32.5lbs complete), not a fan of the decals.

Bottom Line:
Bought this bike from Fetish Cycles in 2007 just as they were closing up shop. Came with deore components, hayes mechanical brakes, weinmann wheels, decent rubber and and overall nice package. This has been my commuter, mountain, trail and training bike for the past five years and I have had zero issues. Recently I did a minor service on the deore components but that it. I cant believe that a $400 bike (cloesout price in 2007) has been so good to me.

Ridden in rain, mud, hardpack, street, jumped roots, switched between slicks, and xc tires many times and it keeps going.

Too bad they went our of business, good package for the money. Just upgraded after five years to a full suspension trail/XC but this is staying as my commuter. Awesome. If they ever get back to business I;ll be looking for them.

Submitted by bbouwkamp a Cross Country Rider from Urbana, IL USA

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2009

Strengths:    Fast. This bike is tough and quick, rides like a bat out of hell. I feel in love with this bike the first time I took it on some technical singletrack.

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
Very happy with my purchase. I foresee using this much more than the other bikes in my stable.

Favorite Trail:   Kickapoo

Similar Products Used:   Schwinn Homegrowns

Bike Setup:   Singlespeed w/ Ditch Witch Rims and Marz fork.

Submitted by Death_Hampster666 a Weekend Warrior from NW Washington

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2009

Strengths:    Solid frame, very light in weight, frame is good for all around riding Commuting, trails, dirt jumping, Street, pretty much any thing your fork can handle. Gothic look.

Weaknesses:    The Chain stay is fairly narrow, any tire over 2.3 in. will rub when railing turns. Frame could be a bit stiffer. Head tube could use more rise.

Bottom Line:
If you are looking for a bike that can ride up and down a hill this is the one not to mention the bike it flat out well worth its money, and some. I have Commuted hundreds of miles on it and rode muddy, rocky, and smooth trails. If you can pitch it the fetish will catch it. Solid bike but after 2+ years of riding it and running to large of tires I have pretty much eating away the chain stay looking to by another one when this one breaks.

Favorite Trail:   Dry Hill

Purchased At:   Ebay

Bike Setup:   Marzocchi DJ3, Race Face Evo DH Cranks, Rhinolite Wheels, Travative Chain Guide, Easton Ea50 Bars, Easton Stem, Chris King Head Set, Azonic Fusion Pedals, Maxxis Minion DH 2.3 Rear, WTB Weirwolf 2.5 Front, Shimano XT Hydraulic Discs,Shimano Chain, Derailleur, Shifter and Cassette.

Submitted by brendonn a Cross Country Rider from ireland

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2008

Strengths:    The price
Lightweight considering the above
Good geometry with 100 mm fork
Strong and dependable
Stiff without being harsh
Durable paintjob (mines dark matt navy)

Weaknesses:    Not particularly exciting to look at, but then no one wants to nick it.
It doesn't have wings.

Bottom Line:
Amazing value for this bike. I was on the verge of buying a replacement as I've been restricted to use this as a commuter for over a year, but the moment I took it off road again, this bike just shone through. It handles way above the level the price may suggest, climbs exceptionally well and descends (with help from the fork) controlled and confident. But its not harsh, not like a Klein. It can be jumped well too, but I would not recommend it for dirt jumps/dh/fr etc, just the normal ledges and drops on xc trails.
Overall, if this frame died tomorrow or some clever sod steals it, I will be straight back onto ebay and get another one, maybe in red this time.
Superb value, miles above the other "cheap" frames out there.

Similar Products Used:   klein pulse, kona firedome, voodoo something, rocky mountain vertex, giant xtc carbon, a few scott hard tails

Bike Setup:   mx pro, kona bars, Deore M505 Wheel Set, LX crankset/pods, Xt bb, xtr r/mech, lx f/mech, titec seatpost, maxxis, avid v's

Different Discipline Experience.

I ride Cross Country Hardtail bikes. Always have. High saddle, low bars, you know the type. Have never owned a full suspension bike let alone ride a downhill trail. I live in a downhill-centric town and work in a bike shop with a bunch of downhilling type guys, so I've heard the stories, seen th ... Read More »

First SS conversion. Fetish Discipline

I figure any frame named a "Discipline" is a good candidate for singlespeed! After taking advice from this board, I've converted my 2005 XT-equipped Fetish Discipline to singlespeed. It's soaking wet here in Atlanta but I'm going to take her out for a test ride on a riverside walking trail sometim ... Read More »

Multiple discipline bikes?

I am wondering how many people on the board have bikes of both road decent and mtb decent and if you rube them both fairly equally? Sent from my Samsung galaxy S2Read More »

wiklina ogrodowa choicest put into discipline

[url=http://www.wiklinowy.pl/]meble ogrodowe[/url]Read More »

meble ogrodowe tucker subject into discipline

[url=http://www.wiklinowy.pl/]wiklina ogrodowa[/url]Read More »