Felt RXC Pro XC Hardtail

Simply put, the RXC Pro is the attainable sibling to the RXC Team. Designed for equally serious cross-country and X-Terra racers, the RXC Pro features a Felt superlite 7000 series Aluminum / Carbon frameset, a superlight Manitou Skareb Comp fork w/lockout, Mavic Rims, and a complete XT group--pumped up with an XTR rear derailleur. Coming in at a very respectable 22.2 lbs and a surprisingly affordable price, the RXC Pro can’t be beat in overall spec value.

Submitted by John Steiner a Weekend Warrior from Washington DC

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2008

Strengths:    GREAT derailer! Shifting was seamless and barely noticeable, unless it was a low speed, doing a hard shift and even then, changing gears was very smooth.

Weaknesses:    Grips! Have to say that the handle grips are a little uncomfortable after a while of riding. Have to consider either replacing the grips with a gelled grip or get gloves. Cost value is the rough the same expense.

Bottom Line:
While shopping for a bike, I came across this 2006 model, Yeah a 2006. Comparatively, it is the same as the 2008. Only difference is, I only paid $500.00 (brand new) vice 2100-2500.00 MSRP that you will find out there now. DEFINATELY was a smart choice in purchasing even though I was unfamiliar with this brand. Would recommend to anyone look at bikes to look thoroughly and if you have the spare pocket change, you wont regret the choice in FELT..

Favorite Trail:   Various DC trails

Purchased At:   Hudson Trail Outfitters (Pentagon Row)

Submitted by Mosie a Weekend Warrior from Snyder, NY, USA

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2007

Strengths:    Fast bike, great geometry, great component groupo

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
This bike flies!! The geometry on this bike allows me to climb better than any other bike has and as a pro mountain biker once said "good climbers win races". It holds in the turns and reacts quickly when needed. I changed the rear tire as we need a wider one in the wet northeast but other than that I am riding with a smile and the next day I am still smiling because I am not sore...and faster than ever. I am a 5'8" woman and the setup is great for me. On some bikes I am too stretched out and on my 2006 RXC Pro I am setup perfectly...no changes needed from the stock bike! Thanks Felt!!

Favorite Trail:   Hunters Creek/Sprague Brook

Similar Products Used:   GT Zaskar with XTR groupo & Skareb fork

Submitted by stephen devon a Weekend Warrior from baltimore

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2005

Strengths:    Light and quick. Good climber. All XT components with XTR rear derailer and life time warranty on frame

Weaknesses:    1.9 continental tires. Changed out to 2.1 tires. Have to be careful; clearance in rear under seat stays is limited.

Bottom Line:
Was considering buying a full suspension bike, but found this bike on sale and since I ride mostly all XC I decided to go with the weight savings and better climbing capabilities. I rented a full suspension, but found the biggest advantage in the weight savings over my older bike, I decided to stay with a hardtail that weighed in at 22.2 lbs. Won't have bought it for retail price ($2200)or if manufacturer didn't provide a life time warranty on the frame. I'm an older rider (53years young) and so far I've been very happy with the purchase and I am definitely going faster, climbing much better and have been able to handle all the technical stuff that are on the trails I ride. It is also made for a good bike to beat around on the urban landscape for running errands and the like. The frame feels whimpy but so far it has handled my 210lbs as I bang over logs and through stream beds without a problem.

Favorite Trail:   Loch Raven Resavoir

Purchased At:   Hudson Trail Outfitters

Similar Products Used:   Older Raleigh M600 hardtail

Bike Setup:   Stock with XT components, inlcuding V brakes, with XTR rear derailer . Changed tires from 1.9 to 2.1 and installed carbon riser bar.

Submitted by Mike Healey a Cross Country Rider from Austin, Texas, U.S.

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2005

Strengths:    Very fast and stable tracking. Incredible climbing and out of the saddle hammering. Light, fast, rear carbon stays do their job well and light as a feather at 22.2 lbs.

Weaknesses:    Paint job chips a little. Skareb fork has a some flex, but not noticable at higher speeds.

Bottom Line:
I wanted a reasonably priced hard tail with all the features of an expensive one. That's exactly what I got! Test rode half a dozen similar bikes, but nothing compared to the ride or the price. I weigh 180 lbs and have pounded the hell out of the bike. The XT V-Brakes surprised me with their performance. I am used to XTR hydraulic disc and was a little worried, particularly in wet conditions, but have been very pleased. In fact, the V-Brakes are a lot less trouble and lighter. This bike is worthy of a high end set of wheels and carbon seat post, bars etc... I'm guessing this might put it in the 20-21lb range. I'm not a weight junkie, but am very impressed with the stock weight of this bike.
I can't say enough about this bike. I have mountain biked for quite a few years and decided to begin racing this year with my Scalpel 3000(great bike). The last three races I used the Felt Pro and won all three races. As far as I'm concerned it's all about being on the podium!!!

Favorite Trail:   All trails, hills, rocks, creeks etc.

Purchased At:   360 Cycleworks

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Epic Pro, Scalpel 3000 (still ride one), Klein Attitude, Specialized M5 S-Works.

Bike Setup:   Full (2005)XT setup with an XTR rear rapid rise. Mavic rims, Hutchinson python's, ODI lock on grips, Felt stem, seatpost, bars. Mavic 717 rims, Skareb Comp fork, Shimano 959's.