Felt RXC 1 XC Hardtail

• Shifters: Shimano XT SL-M770 Rapid Fire Shifter,
  • Seat Post: Two-Bolt Alloy Micro-Adjust27.2mm x 350mm

Submitted by dray3573 a Weekend Warrior from Austin, Texas, USA

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2009

Strengths:    Climbs like a billy goat in stock trim. Point and shoot geometry coupled with instant acceleration make this bike fun to ride. The bike feels very compliant for a hardtail. It doesn't ride nearly as harsh as my old GT Zaskar (my only real reference).

Weaknesses:    None come to mind. Maybe too early to tell, but so far this bike performs just as a hard tail should.

Bottom Line:
I "Felt" immediately comfortable on this bike. After a 15 plus year lay off from mountain biking it only took 1 or 2 rides on this bike to get the feel back, and it just keeps getting better by the ride. This bike is noticeably different than the Zaskar of old. The GT abused me like a red headed step child compared to this Felt. When I'm out there with some of my buddies I feel like I'm almost cheating on this bike. Now I know I don't have much of a reference seeing that I only really have the GT to compare it too, but I would be suprised to ride another hard tail that feels much better than this one. Generally speaking I'm sure bikes as a whole have really improved over the years, so if you can find one of these gems left over from 2008 at a good price I wouldn't pass it up if your looking for a good hard tail.

Favorite Trail:   Anything with dirt, rocks, & water

Purchased At:   Jack and Adam's

Similar Products Used:   Early 90's GT Zaskar LE

Bike Setup:   Factory stock.

Submitted by aboote a Weekend Warrior from Tassie

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2008

Strengths:    light weight, versatile geometry, suitable for xc racing and general trail riding.

Weaknesses:    white finish harder to keep clean! Why do they keep putting cable runs on down tube - exposed to mud?

Bottom Line:
This is a good value bike with reliable high performance componentry. Altho there is a bit of proprietry gear ala stem/ bars and saddle/post, it is all good quality. Carbon stays are supposed to absorb vibrations but I cant really tell - nice stiff response under power though.

Favorite Trail:   blue tier

Bike Setup:   stock

Comments on this bike 2008 FELT RXC-1

Hello, I am looking to replace my 15 year old (no shocks) Trek mountain bike. I am looking at the 2008 FELT RXC-1 MOUNTAIN BIKE 15.5" BRAND NEW FULL XT that is currently listed locally on ebay for $1235.00. I can not find any reviews on this bike..any comments on this bike would be greatly appreci ... Read More »