Felt Q620 XC Hardtail

• Felt Façade Dual Density Saddle
  • Forged Aluminum Stem

Submitted by Brycen Williams a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2014

Strengths:    I picked this bike up for $399 at Green Line bikes. I love it so far! I've had it for about six months, and the ride is smooth, the frame stands out and is attractive, and it handles well! This bike is good for people who don't have a whole lot of cash, but do have a lot of free time, and need a good entry level bike.

Weaknesses:    The shifting can get a little sketchy at times, bit still works.

Bottom Line:
Good entry level bike, but the price is a little high, try to get it on sale!

Favorite Trail:   Feather River Trail

Purchased At:   Green Line Bicycles

Bike Setup:   SPD clipless pedals, bar ends, and new tires.

Submitted by Anom a Weekend Warrior from Lincoln, NE

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2011

Strengths:    For $600 this was the deal IMO.
hydraulic disc brakes, SR Suntour XCM-HLO, 100mm travel front shock w/ lock out, Shimano Alivio mix shifters and front derailleur, Shimano Deore Shadow rear derailleur,

Weaknesses:    A little on the heavy side, but still comparable.

Bottom Line:
Dollar for Dollar this is a great deal. I could not be happier for $600.
-Hydraulic DISC brakes- great stopping power when wet.
-Front Shock lockout.

Wear a helmet!

Favorite Trail:   Wagon Train - so far

Purchased At:   Bike Pedalers @ Pine

Similar Products Used:   Giant Yukon, Specialized Rock Hopper,

Bike Setup:   Tektro Auriga Comp w/180mm rotor front/Tektro Auriga Comp w/160mm rotor rear brakes, Tektro Auriga Hydraulic levers,

Submitted by Mike a Weekend Warrior from Rockford, MI, US

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2011

Strengths:    Rear derailleur, Alivio shifters are alright. Tektro discs are wonderful. Very quick and agile, great frame

Weaknesses:    absolutely none

Bottom Line:
Great bike for entry level to intermediate riders especially for the money. Am yet to have a problem with it through heavy riding and abuse

Favorite Trail:   Cannonsburg Ski Area

Purchased At:   Chicago Drive Cyclin

Similar Products Used:   2009 Gary Fisher Advance

Bike Setup:   Stock. Deore shadow R.derailleur, Alivio F.Derailleur and shifters, Tektro Auriga Hydraulic comp disc brakes, SR Suntour XCM-HLO 100 mm travel

Submitted by tmougeotte a Weekend Warrior from Reno, NV

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2011

Strengths:    Great bike for price point. Durable, will take anything you throw at it. Smooth shifting and breaking for lower end components. Compared to my wifes Cannondale F7 the Felt is a much smooter ride and faster bike.

Weaknesses:    None for the way I use the bike. Components could be better but not an immidiate need.

Bottom Line:
Great durable XC bike. Great beinning/intermediate platform to ride and build from for years to come.

Purchased At:   Peloton Bicycles Ren

Similar Products Used:   DimondBack Sorrento, Cannondale F7 CO2

Bike Setup:   All stock components

Submitted by Jeff a Cross Country Rider from Mass.

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2010

Strengths:    Solid hardtail for the price,easy to throw around, holds up to severe punishment.Good overall bike for street or trail.

Weaknesses:    Heavy around 30lbs,the dart 1 fork sucks.

Bottom Line:
If you dont want to follow the leader its the bike for you.Stands out from the crowd,looks good,great price and components.I give it 4 flaming chilis the Dart 1 is the only draw back.

Favorite Trail:   Swansea Dam

Purchased At:   Scottys Westport, Ma

Similar Products Used:   Trek single track.

Bike Setup:   Race face oversize xc bars, easton vice am stem.new forks coming soon.

Submitted by AVL Cross Country Rider a Cross Country Rider from Asheville

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2009

Strengths:    Very Sturdy - I trust this bike in narly situations. Considering the price point I have been very happy with the components. I've ridden a less expensive bike and noticed a huge difference

Weaknesses:    No big ones, I love this bike

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike as my first bike and wasn't sure if I would really enjoy mnt biking - it allowed me to stay in my budget.

I fell in love with biking and this bike is able to grow with me. I will be able to ride this bike for at least a couple of years.

I would highly recommend this bike to someone getting started or an experienced biker on a strict budge.

Obviously, this bike won't compare well to a $3000 bike, but for the money I couldn't be more satisfied.

Favorite Trail:   NC

Purchased At:   Carolina Fatz

Bike Setup:   clipless pedals, new gear box and chain, handle bar grips, new tires, seat height adjustment lever

Submitted by GoatOnABike a Downhiller from Boise/ Nampa, Idaho, USA

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2009

Strengths:    Good fit for a tall guy, decent components for the price, rides smooth, not too heavy, shifts smoothly, responsive on the trails both up and down

Weaknesses:    Nothing that wasn't easy to remedy: replaced pedals, replaced grips, was good to go.

Bottom Line:
I don't regret a thing about buying this bike except that I didn't buy one earlier. Really great Hardtail!

Favorite Trail:   Bingo

Purchased At:   Idaho Moutnain Touri

Similar Products Used:   Old 80's and 90's mtn bikes (Trek Antelope)

Bike Setup:   Felt Q620, Ritchie grips, Crank Bros 50-50's pedals, rest is stock.
Giant Reign 1, Kenda 2.3 tires, aftermarked Scott DH/Free stem, Crank Bros 50-50's, lizard skin grips, rest is stock

Submitted by fyrfytr310 a Cross Country Rider from Hamilton, OH

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2009

Strengths:    Beautiful frame, brilliant durability and fantastic components for the price.

Weaknesses:    As purchased and for its price none.

Bottom Line:
As you can see I upgraded this bike significantly from stock. Don't take that to mean that I was unhappy with the stock setup. It means that I had such a good experience on this bike that I got hooked on the sport and decided to make more of a financial commitment to it. I would, however, recommend that anyone who thinks they are going to stay in this sport buy as much bike as possible to save money down the road... This bike is a good start. (I give 4 Flamin' Chilis overall because I really hate the RS Dart 1, I do think Felt could do better here.)

Favorite Trail:   Hueston Woods

Purchased At:   West Chester Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   Various demos.

Bike Setup:   Heavily upgraded: Code 5's, Reba Race, Nevegals, Truvativ stem, Truvativ riser bar, x7's, SLX's and Thudbuster.

Submitted by harleyman_52 a Cross Country Rider from Fort Collins Co, USA

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2009

Strengths:    Great bike at a great price. Strong frame with a smooth ride.

Weaknesses:    My right crank arm kept falling off when I first got it because it wouldn't stay tight on the square taper bottom bracket. The shop put in isis bottom bracket for free and I haven't had any problems since

Bottom Line:
I love this bike. I wanted a good hardtail bike with disc brakes. This bike has done everything I needed. I've ridden it hard here and in Moab. Assign from the bottom bracket, it's been problem free.

Favorite Trail:   Hewlett Gulch

Purchased At:   Full Cycle

Similar Products Used:   I had an older GT Outpost before this.

Bike Setup:   Stock components

Submitted by CyclingSavesLives a Cross Country Rider from Wenatchee WA Chelan County

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2009

Strengths:    I have the "L" 19.5" frame and it feels very strong, I am 5'9 1/2" and am 192 poundswhen I put my backpack with laptop and all other gear on this frame I'm probably at least 215 - 220+ lbs and this frame handles like a dream, although I need to buy a raised stem, I do mostly in town riding and I feel a bit to spread out compared to my Scott Navajo Solution (I've been used to since 97', plus my Scott is lighter and without Disc brakes which I am not to thrilled with on this Felt. The front brake has always rubbed and I can't get it to grad worth a darn unless I put it at a setting that makes it rub far too much. I enjoy the 24 speed of this bike and it's stiff frame with a bit aggressive geometry makes it a very unique and fun frame that is very responsive at high speed and is a strong climber I have wrecked it a few god times and the frame is built like a tank, it's a bit heavy imo. I have probably ridden it a good 4,000 since buying it over a year ago, the Velocirapor 2.14vtires are pretty good, I bought the 5x thick super slime tubes and haven't had a flat since.

Weaknesses:    A bit heavy, crankset might be a little weak and I wish it came with Welgo B67 pedals, because the stock ones aren't so great and the front brake leaves a lot to be desired and has almost gotten me into trouble more than a few times (it doesn't grab and rubs to this day!

Bottom Line:
I enjoy the unique, strong Italian designed frame, everyone looks at it like what is he riding? I can't complain! I have put it through some heck to probably put it mildly and it has proven to me it's strength, I won't sell it! I'll just upgrade it! It seems to accelerate very quickly and be a very fast mountain bike, I feel like I'm faster on it than my Scot and it feels like it needs a strong peddler in the higher gears and will make you one, it is pretty high geared and gets me around town very fast :)
I give 4 flamin' chilis because of the brakes and it's a bit heavy and the stock pedals hurt your feet

Favorite Trail:   Shady Pass, Chelan, WA

Purchased At:   Arlberg Sports, Wena

Similar Products Used:   Scott Navajo Solutions 19.5"

Bike Setup:   Stock Dart1 fork 24 speed

Submitted by Hurleyguy3317 a Weekend Warrior from Mesa, AZ

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2009

Strengths:    Light frame, Great hydralic disc brake system, very comfortable bike.

Weaknesses:    None that come to mind.

Bottom Line:
Great bike for the price was completely shocked with the comfort and ease of getting on the bike and hitting the trails.

Purchased At:   Two Wheel Jones

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Rockhopper Comp, thought I was going to get another one but fell in love with the Felt.

Bike Setup:   Upgraded the front fork to a Dart 3 for a little bit more control.

Submitted by antsinthedirt a Weekend Warrior from New Jersey

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2009

Strengths:    light stiff frame, hydro 2 piston disc brakes are great, deore derailleur bangs gears quickly, comfortable geometry, great seat.

Weaknesses:    I hate to post the first weakness, but the 2009 has a crappy suntour crank which works itself loose and has flimsy chainrings. Otherwise I love this bike.

Bottom Line:
I'm 6'4" and 220lbs, I ride it hard at least twice a week. Aside from the crappy crank which works for now, no problems with this bike. Fast, comfortable, and super responsive.

Favorite Trail:   Allaire State Park

Purchased At:   SC Action Sports

Bike Setup:   Stock.

Submitted by Blakey Boy 732 a Weekend Warrior from Hamilton Mt,

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2008

Strengths:    Great bike. I just picked the Q620 up last week. I love everything about this bike. Rock Schoks, disc brakes, and the shifters are great too.

Weaknesses:    none to report

Bottom Line:
BUY ONE, this is the best value out there for the money. You dont know what you are missing. If you are just starting, this is a great bike, you can even add upgrades with ease.

Favorite Trail:   Lake Como, MT

Purchased At:   red barn

Similar Products Used:   Giant XTC i think

Bike Setup:   stock, with different bike seat

Submitted by Joe G a Weekend Warrior from Sarasota, Florida, USA

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2008

Strengths:    Extremly responsive. Great looking bike. Excellent upgrade opportunity. Good for the $ though.

Weaknesses:    No complaints as of yet. Great bike for the $.

Bottom Line:
For now, I couldn't be happier. Great bike for a great price. I am no super-athlete, but it has left me with a good feeling about purchasing it. I did do quite a bit of research as to what is out there as well. This one caught my eye, any I am glad it did. I am looking to build mine up a bit, but I think it is a great overall entry level rec. bike, with the potential to be so much more. The most responsive frame I have ever been on.

Favorite Trail:   The Piranaha Pit (if it is still around)

Purchased At:   Fast Track Bicycle and Run

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale F500, Trek 6000.

Bike Setup:   I just bought it the other day, but I was looking for a good base to build off of. I just got the M770 crankset(not installed yet) and the XT shadow rear and XT front derailleur. Other than that everything else is stock. Felt came with some pretty nice components of thier own on this one. We will see how they all work out.

Submitted by Matthew Ramirez a Weekend Warrior from Tyler,TX

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2008

Strengths:    Strong frame, Double walled tires, looks great, decent fork, disc brakes

Weaknesses:    havent found one yet

Bottom Line:
I love this bike I searched for weeks before buying this bike because I wanted to get the best one for my money. I am very happy with my decision. I did have to drive 3 hours but it was well worth it. I have taken it on many trails 2 times a week for over a month now and have had many drops on concrete and dirt and it is still going strong. Only problem I have had is a flat tire here and there, but that is expected. I recommend buying if you don't want to spend to much money but you want a lot of bang for your buck.

Purchased At:   dallas bike works