Devinci Desperado 1 XC Hardtail

• Saddle: Selle Italia FK trans am
  • Seatpast: V2 Pro 27.2mm

Submitted by geoff parkyn a Cross Country Rider from vancouver

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2008

Strengths:    frame quality and well equiped for the price

Weaknesses:    front fork/saddle/crankset

Bottom Line:
Swapping out the front fork (rock shox tora 3.2) and upgrading all other components has turned this decent quality bike into a nimble XC ride, which turns heads..A decent set of wheels..and its assembled in Canada..

Favorite Trail:   TBD

Purchased At:   Sampson

Similar Products Used:   devinci chameleon/salsa ala carte

Bike Setup:   I have equiped the bike with a marzocchi marathon XC fork, race face evolve XC crankset, mavic crossride wheelset, IRC mythos XC 2.1 tires and WTB pure-v saddle, Hayes-9 brakes, and XT front/rear derailluers

Submitted by Tony a Weekend Warrior from Toronto ON Canada

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2007

Strengths:    Solid bike. It's like a cat! Quiet and climbs like mad and is a super fast bike. I'm really happy with it. I don't ever buy anything higher end than LX, so this is perfect for me...and it has hydraulic discs! The RockShox Tora is really nice...remote lockout is handy.

Weaknesses:    At first it was the colour, then I lived with it, but now, I just plain wish it was one solid colour. The V2 Gyro Flatbar is not to my liking...I'd prefer a hellbent XC riserbar...but none of the Desperados have riserbars...and the other hardtails in Devinci's line were the Cameleons...which I don't care for.

Bottom Line:
I use this bike every weekend on all sorts of trails and difficulty levels. I'll ride anything.

I also ride this to work every day about 20km. So I did want something rather rigid.

I preferred the paint job and the front fork on the Desperado SL2..but for $2000, it's overkill for my needs.

I'm very happy with this bike, and I didn't think anything would ever replace my old ChiliPepper, but this is doing the job just fine...maybe I'll paint the frame metallic green for nostalgia ;)

bottom line, Devinci bikes are unstoppable!

Purchased At:   Scattalon Bikes (Hamilton)