Cube Bikes Reaction XC Hardtail

Pro atletes and cross country racers should have a look at the Reaction. The high quality of the Reaction is clearly visible in the hydroformed tubes, not to mention the numerous positive test results.

Submitted by ndi a Weekend Warrior from Athens Greece

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2009

Strengths:    Ultra stiff frame, very nicely spec'd, all Shimano Deore XT's plus Magura Louise great brakes, Shwalbe Nobby Nics and Racing Ralphs on DTSwiss 1800 look the works and handle exemplary. I swapped the saddle to a Selle Italia Max Gel which is very comfortable light and look great. Best resillient black paint applied with special method.

Weaknesses:    Possibly to light in the front. I moved the saddle forward and am considering a slightly longer stem. The frame can be overly stiff but you get used to it.

Bottom Line:
Best value for money and looks that can kill. A quality product you wont regret...ever!

Favorite Trail:   Tatoi

Purchased At:   Munich Germany

Similar Products Used:   KTM Ultra Flite

Submitted by john curleyhaemo a Weekend Warrior from portsmouth.england

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2009

Strengths:    exellent engineering,bloody fast,amazing value for money,good looks,street cred (39 year old man with wife and kids).

Weaknesses:    tyres are expensive a bit twitchy at first

Bottom Line:
what more can i say the best hardtail bar none.whether you are into racing or hanging around streets.

Favorite Trail:   southdowns.hampshire

Purchased At:   hargroves bikes

Similar Products Used:   marin eldridge grade

Bike Setup:   as it came

Submitted by cakiss a Cross Country Rider from Belgrade ,Serbia

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2008

Strengths:    This bike is great, its cube reaction pro, model from 2007, and it is very rigid, it is far more better than my previous scott team issue rc, and very light only 1550gr frame with headset in 20inch size

Bottom Line:
as i said, this bike rocks, you get acceleration very quickly, it handles technical trail very good, climbs like mountain goat, and DH sections are piece of cake, so rigid, transfer power from your pedals to the wheel very good, and as the other guy said it is very very balanced , the rear triangle is curved like shape so there is no twisting when you rock your pedals, buy it you cant go wrong with this bike, german hand crafted piece of art

Favorite Trail:   Fruska Gora

Purchased At:   internet

Similar Products Used:   Giant xtc team scott team racing scott tacana, scott team issue rc

Bike Setup:   Sram xo, formula k18 oro, RS reba team, Dt hugi 240s+mavic xm819, truvativ team, shimano XT, selle flite

Submitted by Texadane a Cross Country Rider from Jels, Denmark

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2008

Strengths:    The first thing I noticed about this bike is how well balanced it is when you pick it up. I'm not sure that it has anything to do with how well it rides but it just sets it apart from other product I've tried. When I bought it I tried Giants, Trek and Cubes. I also tried both hard tails and full suspension and settled with a hard tail.

The front suspension is a Fox suspension which can be adjusted in 5 different steps from full suspension to lock out. It cannot be done from the handlebars but only from reaching down. The brakes are Hayes stroker hydraulic brakes and they work amazingly. My buddies just don't have the same braking power going downhill as these gives me,
The shifters are Shimano XT deore and the work just fine. The actual gears are Shimano XTR and they just work wonders. No matter how hard I step in the pedals and then change gears they just shift. This is really nice when climbing up a steep ascent and then realize you need to shift to a lower gear.
Overall the bike is very light weighing in at 22lbs which gives you an edge climbing the hills.

Weaknesses:    I sometimes find that to lock out the Fox suspension by reaching down to the fork is difficult especially if you are in an unstable condition. This is rare though and not something I would worry about.
The price tag; this bike is not the cheapest and you can get really good bikes for less. This actual took some time for me to go for it and it also included the dealership lowering the price 500$.

Bottom Line:
BUY IT! I absolutely love this bike. I cannot find anything that would make me choose another hard tail out there. This bike is truly German craftsmanship so no flimsy details that you have to worry about breaking down when you are on the dirt trail of your life.
The price tag can scare you off and I must say that if you just go out once a week on short rides this bike might be an overkill. I ride mine several times per week 20+ miles per trip so I feel that the price tag is acceptable.
There might be more expensive hard tails out there but none better.

Favorite Trail:   Jels

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Ribe Cykellager, Den

Similar Products Used:   Previously I have tried an full suspension Trek Fuel 100 which is an amazing bike.
And my older MTB which was a Centurion.

Bike Setup:   I have a bottle holder installed on the lower bar of the frame. I installed a wireless bike computer since it kind of defies the fluidness of the bike to have an old fascion bike computer with bulky cables installed.

Overall ideas-suggestions .cube reaction gtc sl 26.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]816496[/ATTACH] Hello WW'S need your ideas to drop some weight. At this moment it weights 10.2kg and i wanna drop into 9.5 for now This is my setup. Frame: GTC twin mold Monocoque Technology Fork: FOX 32 Float CTD O/C 100MM SeatPost: Woodmans carbon seatpost 149g Saddle: Selle San mar ... Read More »

Cube Reaction SL 29 23"

Trying to locate a Cube Reaction SL 29 in 23" frame and was wondering if anyone knows of any lbs with stock? Have already tried quite a few of them and most quote ordered on demand. I also happen to know that Cube have no stock. Thanks in advance for any replies.Read More »

Can´t install internal cable on Cube Reaction frame

Hello, I'm a newby in the matters of bike mechanics but I recently decided to build my own mtb. Now that I'm in the end (I think) of this painful process I'm facing a irritating problem. I can't insert the front derailleur internal cable. The hole seems obstructed because I feel something soft in ... Read More »

Campagnolo Vento Reaction CX Wheel feedback?

Hey guys, so my summer project this summer is a roadie. I've got a front suspension rockhopper right now that I've rigged up to be my main road ride, but I'm looking to do some serious miles this summer and am looking at parts. Out of curiosity, has anyone used/heard any reviews of: [URL="http: ... Read More »