Cube Bikes LTD Race XC Hardtail

The LTD series’ topmodel uses great parts for sporty rides and occasional marathons or races.

Submitted by luke monroe a Weekend Warrior from us,currently in Germany

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2010

Strengths:    light weight, smooth shifting, great brakes, painted graphics(no decals), good wheels and tires

Weaknesses:    brakes take awhile to seat in.

Bottom Line:
For the price you just cannot beat it! Cannondale bikes with the same quality components are almost twice the price. The same for Speacialized and the rest.
Dollar value exceptional. The real bottom line is someone In the U.S. needs to start importing these.

Favorite Trail:   any

Purchased At:   molitor's bike shop,

Similar Products Used:   none.

Bike Setup:   x-country and trail riding. Changed out stock pedals for large platforms

Submitted by tonto a Cross Country Rider from Cardiff

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2009

Strengths:    Simply awesome!..Had mine 9 months, gone 5000km and its still just amazing...faultless. i've thrown EVERYTHING at it and it just keeps getting better! Nothing has ever gone wrong with it and its solid as a rock

great ergonomics - munches up hills, flies down em. Rebas + poploc = perfect. Oro brakes are really responsive. 11kg isn't too bad for throwing on yer back if you need to

Weaknesses:    Oro's were a bit squeaky for a long while! they bedded in eventually and was worth the wait

Bottom Line:
The bottom line is - if you want a bike you will truly love and you have 900quid, get this. if you don't, save up! you cannot get better value for money and it will never let you down. you'll understand!

Favorite Trail:   Taff Trail

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Cyclopedia

Similar Products Used:   GT Zaskar, kona kula deluxe, Rock lobster Team SIG, orange p7

Bike Setup:   2008 Shop setup (+ squeezy horn). tires have nothing left to give but will replace them with the same again cos they work so well (racing ralph + nobby nic)

Submitted by Raj a Cross Country Rider from Dumfries

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2008

Strengths:    Beautiful fork, poploc is such a lovely function - way more useful than you imagine. Nice geometry, makes you really go for it! very swift gear changes with the XT/LX kit and the ORO's are amazing brakes for the money.

Oh, yeah, and a very attractive coat- so much better than the crappy pictures make out- dont be a wuss, go for the white and blue, its just lovely

Weaknesses:    Brakes took a while to get set up right but didn't need bleeding or anything, just a bit of fiddling, not a big point.

Needed chunkier tyres for wet Scottish riding, but at 2.25" they dont come much better as stock- better than Kenda Nevegal and the likes, been replaced with Panaracer Smokes, but they are good winter tyres for most bits, just Scotland is really wet and muddy

Bottom Line:
A perfect bike for the amateur who really loves a dream bike that does everything you want it to, I cant think of anything wrong with it - Lovely, I havent experienced it when tail end "jumps like a little crazy horse."

Favorite Trail:   Dalbeattie

Purchased At:   CRC

Similar Products Used:   GT Avalanche 1 Disc, Kona Dawg, This is my favourite by far!! GT a bit basic, Kona, well I dont like full sussers personally

Bike Setup:   Stock cept the Panaracer tyres

Submitted by cesalec a Weekend Warrior from Chihuahua, Mexico

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2008

Strengths:    This bavarian beauty is awesome (no im not german, im mexican and live in austria). It climbs like an Alp goat, it breaks af it had claws, i totally love the PopLoc concept on the front fork. The tires....speechles (my favourites) Nobby Nic in the rear wheel and Racing Ralph on the front. its light (ca. 11Kg). and i totally love the look in anodized black, it looks so cool.

Weaknesses:    Not sold in America!!!

Bottom Line:
Incredible bike, super climber, just drop the seat and there U go rocking down the alps.

Although when the terreain is bumpy with rocks and big tree roots, the tail jumps like a little crazy horse. (well after all is a Hardtail and not an Allmountain right?).

Favorite Trail:   Lanser See@ Innsbruck, Austria

Purchased At:   Original price 1700@

Bike Setup:   - Rock Shox Reba SL, 100mm, Motion Control, PopLoc
- Easton EA30 seat post and handlebar.
- ALL Shimano XT, except LX Rapid Fire shifters
- Brakes and brake discs: Formula 18K
- Tire: Schwalbes

Cube LTD Race 29 size

Can you please help me? I'm buying a new Cube LTD Race 29er, but I'm not sure what size is correct for me. I'm 184,5cm tall, inseam (leg) is 88,5 cm. Please look down at this link at geometry and recommend me something, I would like to hear different opinions. I see that Cube frames are sho ... Read More »

Cube LTD Race 29 size

Cube Ltd Race 2012

Hi, I am new to this forum and taking up mountain biking again. I have been using a bike since I was a kid but for the last years I have been using a race road bike (Trek 5200). I have an old mountain bike but want something better. I have been looking at Cube Ltd Race 2012 and think thats the ... Read More »

Cube LTD Race - Experiences?

Ok so i have been looking at getting a new hard tail and been to look at and read countless reviews on the following models: Trek 6000 Trek 6700 Rockhopper Expert 2010 Rockhopper Pro 2010 Cube LTD Race 2010/2011 So far I cant seem to find a single negative review or anyone who has had a si ... Read More »

Dt Swiss Xrc 100 Race Ltd

Need Some Reference Of The Dt Swiss Xrc 100 Race Ltd Fork 2009. Is Really Safe?Read More »