Cannondale Flash Carbon 2 XC Hardtail

• Rear Cogs: SRAM PG-950, 11-32
  • Stem: Cannondale XC3 Si Stem/Steerer

Submitted by bambi a Cross Country Rider from Croatia

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2010

Strengths:    Lightweight, stiff, responsive, great parts

Weaknesses:    Saddle fizzik tundra is on longer rides bit numbing

Bottom Line:
Bike is awesome, really fast and responsive, accelerates flashy. On longer rides I stay much fresher than on old F2 C'dale. I am stunned with way it performs on single tracks, it cuts corners sharp and predictable. I never lost control in aggressive xc riding, the faster it goes smoother it rides. As for the rear end with S.A.V.E. technology, it feels soft on bumps, sometimes like you missed root or rock, and on second run over same track you realize there is no way you can miss it. Great feel...
Also, this bike is Xl and old F2 was L in size. I thought it will make it more difficult to go on steeper rides downhill and I was so wrong. With flat bars and xc race setup I was stunned how easy it is to to fly downhill, so fast and smooth. As I was generally riding lots of freeride on Stinky and Prophet I wasn't used on this setup and I was pretty scared to go downhill on such setup but as I said I was surprised.
Definitely would recommend to all!

Favorite Trail:   Brac island