Cannondale F7 CO2 Feminine XC Hardtail

Submitted by forrest23 a Weekend Warrior from Montgomery, TX USA

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2010

Strengths:    Good Price

Weaknesses:    Limited Colors, very girly (I know it's a girls bike, but even my wife felt it could be a little more sporty)

Drive train seems to wander, constantly needs to be adjusted.

Bottom Line:
I put together one of these as a final exam for a bike maintenance course I was attending. I was impressed with the quality and simplicity of the bike. It had lots of features, but was in an afffordable pkg. I bought one for my wife a few weeks later. She wanted to upgrade from the old Trek 800 she had been riding. Went to the LBS and got an '09 on closeout. The F7 has had to be adjusted almost every time we ride it. The shifters don't seem to have very positive indexing. I work on several different types of bikes weekly, but I've had problems with only this one staying adjusted. Even took it back to LBS to have it checked to their specs (just in case I was doing something wrong, I'm not to proud!). They said the SRAM shifters are very stiff and offered to switch out the SRAM shifters with Shimano (for a minimal fee of course). The brakes have needed minimal adjustment so that's a plus. The frame and shocks seem to be functioning well, but we havent used it on any hills yet. I may have gotten one with a bad component, so just be sure to check it over before buying.

Favorite Trail:   Mountains of New Mexico

Similar Products Used:   Trek 800

Bike Setup:   Stock SRAM components (not familiar with all their products, but appear to be bottom of SRAM line), Gila front shock w/lockout. Avid mechanical disc brakes

Submitted by sinac84 a Cross Country Rider from Snellville, Ga, USA

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2008

Strengths:    Beefy Frame, Disc breaks, OK fork for a girls bike. Better overall starter package than other bikes in same price range...

Weaknesses:    My girlfriend wanted it in hot pink... Could have come with a more comfortable (thicker) female seat.

Bottom Line:
My girlfriend got tired of riding one of my old mountain bikes so I finally broke down and bought her this bike. She really likes it. It has a better overall package (fit and finish) than any other girl bikes in its price range and comes with disc breaks. She is still in the beginning stages of learning how to mountain bike but now hopefully we won't fight as much while we are out riding because he is more confident riding...

Purchased At:   LifeTime Bikes in Lo