Brodie Fury XC Hardtail

• Spokes: CN Stainless Steel
  • Tires: Kenda Komodo 2.1

Submitted by ryan7672 a Weekend Warrior from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2009

Strengths:    1. frame geometry makes for responsive ride, good climber, and smooth on descents. my lanky arms on a 6'0" body make for a cramped fit usually, but the 19.5" frame is perfect for me.
2. solid componentry (incl deore/XT and shimano hydraulic disk brakes)
3. Marzocchi Corsa fork is great for its price - 100mm travel, lockout, air preload, and rebound adjustable!
4. canadian company (for those of us above the 49th parallel it counts for something)
5. great lookin' bike!!

Weaknesses:    None yet - only ridden x 1 week.

Bottom Line:
Unleash the Fury: 10 minutes into my first ride on this beauty I was smiling wide as we flew through some winding singletrack and chewed up a few switchback climbs...

This is a confidence-building bike that makes me feel like a better mtber than I am!! Flying over log piles and down steep/windy descents with complete control thanks to the Marzocchi Corsa fork (with lockout) and hydraulic disc brakes.

Who's this bike for? Avid mtb-ers on budget who don't want to skimp on component quality and enjoy the Brodie frame, and weekend warriors who want a sweet ride for their XC trails.

Who's it NOT for? XC racers who need top-tier parts and sub-20lb bikes or the beginner who won't get their money's worth out of these high quality and durable parts.

This bike has allowed me to once again get the rush of pushing my personal limits on the trail - thank you Brodie!

Favorite Trail:   local -hydrocut

Purchased At:   local shop

Similar Products Used:   1. Demo'd a 2009 brodie bandit (big drop down in components/fork for the $150 price dif!)
2. Rode GT Avalanche LE for 10+ yrs

Bike Setup:   stock 19.5" Brodie Fury (2009)