Bianchi King Bee XC Hardtail

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by Doug Reid a Cross Country Rider from Traverse City, MI

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2006

Strengths:    For the price...decent components.

Weaknesses:    stock Koski pedals are junk. After only two seasons the BB had to be replaced. Generic hubs.

Bottom Line:
Decent bike for what I paid. This is a 2002 bike.

Favorite Trail:   Pontiac trail

Purchased At:   www.supergo.com

Similar Products Used:   Road bikes, Cannondale CAAD4, Litespeed Alum/carbon avior.

Bike Setup:   Carbon bar and seatpost. Shimano pedals.

Submitted by Mike from Honolulu, HI USA

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2006

Strengths:    Hayes Sole XC full hydraulic disc brakes & levers
SRAM X-7 Trigger shifters
RockShox Tora 302 Air, 100mm travel

The frame is designed to enable multiple styles of riding. I've used it to do DH, freeride, dirt jumps, XC, enduro racing and slow rides with my girlfriend to the beach.

Weaknesses:    Crankset TruVativ 5D, Power spline; 22/32/44T, big ring bent and there is a cracking noise coming from the BB.
Wheels WTB SpeedDisc hubs; WTB SpeedDisc 32h rims, both huds and rims were TOAST after a month of riding. Note: I was doing DH runs alot.
Saddle WTB Speed V Comp, totally broke off the rails after a crash during a DH race.

Bottom Line:
This bike is a rad climber. I can really hammer it up some steep rocky stuff. It launches off the jumps better than I can. Does well as an XC bike. Handles great and is very comfortable to ride.

Favorite Trail:   St. Louis

Purchased At:   Island Triathlon & Bike

Bike Setup:   stock except for Sun Rims Fat Mammoth rims laced with a Dimension 20mm hub in the front and an XT hub in the rear

Submitted by mike wieser a Racer from boise, ID.

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2005

Strengths:    light, strong, and versitile. I ride everything and I mean EVERYTHING. jumps, XC, downhill, and even some park. This bike handles everything I throw at it. upgraded to raceface evolve xc cranks and bb, rihnolight wheels, and xt shifters/xtr rear der.

Weaknesses:    71" head angle could be a degree or two more slack (could do this with a longer travel fork), tires suck on hard or slick surfaces.

Bottom Line:
great bike for the guy who rides everywhere, bombs and hits everything, and does it all on one bike.

Favorite Trail:   ussery