Home | Reviews | Womens | Trek

Trek 6700 WSD Womens

4.8/5 (5 Reviews)
MSRP : $2099.99

You're ready—for longer days on the bike, for tougher challenges on the trail, for the next class up at the race.
  • Frame: WSD Alpha Black Aluminum w/semi-integrated head tube, twin taper down tube w/integrated gusset, formed butted top tube, bridgeless seatstay, forged dropouts w/rack & fender mounts, replaceable derailleur hanger
  • Front Suspension: RockShox Recon Gold Air w/rebound, remote lockout, alloy steerer, 100mm travel
  • Wheels: Shimano alloy M525 hubs; Bontrager Ranger 32-hole rims
  • Shifters: Shimano SLX, 10 speed

Submitted by HoundDog a Cross Country Rider from Canada

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2007

Strengths:    PINK! Head turner - not everyone can ride a PINK bike!

Bottom Line:
I love the colour, and for the price of this bike it suits my needs perfectly. I have had this bike for over a year, and I am still happy with it. It shifts beautifully, and no problems to date.

Submitted by Jen a Cross Country Rider from Illinois

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2007

Strengths:    The blue color is awesome! My husband says the components are good.

Weaknesses:    I've taken the bike out on the trails once and the Bontrager Jones AC tires weren't the best - the tires couldn't shed the mud very well. Other than that, I haven't found anything wrong but I've only had the bike for one week.

Bottom Line:
Will post again soon.....

Favorite Trail:   Don't know yet - just starting

Similar Products Used:   Diamondback - steel frame

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by lindsay a Cross Country Rider from plymouth, mi, usa

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2006

Strengths:    this is a great bike for someone who is ready to line up for their first xc race! the geometry is fantastic and the components are competitive. the hayes hydraulic disc brakes are a great value-added component...and the color, well, i've finally accepted the fact that i ride a pink bike.

Weaknesses:    the rockshox 318 tora is a pig, weighing in at nearly 4.5 lbs. , but does perform well for the money. the saddle is also extremely uncomfortable for me. even with the short reach brake levers i still have a hard time reaching them - even after multiple adjustments.

Bottom Line:
for the money, this bike is kickin'! but i'll be much more happy with it come spring when it has new wheels and a new fork.

Favorite Trail:   highland

Purchased At:   two wheel tango

Bike Setup:   mostly stock right now - although this bike has much potential to be a serious race machine if you are willing to upgrade wheels and the fork. i did change over to a much lighter tire and the made a significant difference in weight and handling.

Submitted by Shari Crowley a Weekend Warrior from Stonington, CT, USA

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2006

Strengths:    Good geometry and components. The short reach of the WSD breaks are great for a woman's smaller hands. I love the paint job.

Weaknesses:    The seat isn't the most comfortable. I may swap it out for a Terry Butterfly in pink.

Bottom Line:
I love this bike. The color is the initial reason for buying the bike, but the ride is awesome. I am glad to see Trek paint a bike something other than red, blue, or silver. The pink is fun. I would recommend this bike to both beginners and experienced riders. Also, get the matching helmet from Bell--Pink and gray with little flowers. Who cares if no one takes you seriously, the goal is to have fun.

Favorite Trail:   Bluff Point

Purchased At:   Mystic Cycle Centre

Similar Products Used:   Schwinn Merada Sport, Kona Blast

Bike Setup:   Stock except I swapped out the pedals for Shimano PD-M324 ATBs so I can clip out on the scary parts.

Submitted by Stephanie Warkotsch a Weekend Warrior from Newhaven, Victoria, Australia

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2006

Strengths:    Solid well built frame and well matched components. Great brakes and seat/handle bar position for me. Fantastic color!!

Weaknesses:    Painted frame not anodised. I love the color but it will get stone chips.

Bottom Line:
Well built and spec'd. A "real" mountain bike designed for girls with specific geometry that suits week end bike pathers to serious XC race gals. Good running gear that will last and still has the BLING factor!!

Favorite Trail:   Churchill Island