Specialized Era Comp Womens

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Out of the box and race ready for women mountain bikers looking to fly over their favorite cross-country trails.
  • M5 alloy FSR frame with women’s-specific geometry and tubing creates a lightweight chassis with superior ride quality for maximum XC performance
  • Specialized and Fox blend their brains to develop the FlowControl Mini Brain shock, tuned specifically for women, with Brain Fade inertia valve, air spring, and adjustable rebound for World Cup - and local trail - domination
  • RockShox Reba RLT with 100mm travel, rebound/compression adjust, and Floodgate control is stiff, smooth, and fast for soaking up rocks while maintaining efficiency
  • Custom DT Swiss rims with eyelets and sleeved seams keep weight low and durability high
  • S-Works The Captain 2.0" front and S-Works Fast Trak 2.0" rear 2Bliss Ready dual compound tires work together to deliver exceptional speed and traction, while minimizing rotating weight
  • Custom SRAM S-1250 10-speed triple crankset with GXP spindle and alloy arms for smooth, efficient power transfer and a wide gear range
  • Custom Avid Elixir R SL lightweight hydraulic brakes/levers with tool-free reach adjust and long-lasting semi-metallic pads keep bombing runs in check with superb control and modulation
  • Body Geometry women's Jett saddle for lightweight comfort and race-ready control

Submitted by Kez4312 a Cross Country Rider from United Kingdom

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2011

Strengths:    This bike is so light. I was worried that when I changed up to a full suss I would lose some of my speed on the climbs. But in reallity im so much faster. The brain on the back suspension really works....I dont know how but it def does. The Fox front forks are far better quality than I was used to and I feel so much more confident on the rough stuff. And how on earth I managed without hydraulic brakes Ill never know. Love those juicy 5s.

Weaknesses:    I think 120mm travel would a been nicer. I would have rated it a 5 if it had a little bit more travel.

Bottom Line:
Love it love it love it. I wnt a bike with bigger travel but for the longer rides I dont think you can find a better woman specific bike. Mine was second hand and like brand new. For £750 it was an absolute bargain.

Favorite Trail:   Hebden Bridge

Purchased At:   ebay second hand

Similar Products Used:   Specialised myka hard tail with suntour forks. Though i am a xc rider I like the rough tricky stuff. And I upgraded because I broke this one. ha ha.

Submitted by vondersand a Cross Country Rider from Sierra Vista, AZ

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2009

Strengths:    This bike is light and the Brain Flow suspension works like a charm. I can't believe the difference in my climbing ability and it rides super fast on tight single track as well as on the descents. I love it.

Weaknesses:    I might want to upgrade the tires eventually but I won't need to upgrade anything else of value for a long while. I changed out the grips.

Bottom Line:
I love this bike and recommend it for a high end beginner-intermediate level mountain biker.

Favorite Trail:   Murray Springs

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Sun n' Spokes

Bike Setup:   Great components. The Avid Juicy breaks are awesome.

9yo on 26" Spec Era Comp (or, "I think I'm secretly jealous of my kid's bike")

My daughter had completely outgrown the bike she's had the last 3 years: a Giant Taffy, complete with basket and white tyres. [ATTACH]731871[/ATTACH] At some point we lost the tassles. She rode everything on that bike. The most memorable moment was probably an OTB (over the basket!) ejectio ... Read More »

Looking at used Specialized Era Comp for my wife--a few quesitons

I'm hoping ya'll can help me out. My wife is interested in a used Specialized Era Comp FSR. She rented one back in 2009 and the shop model is available for purchase. This has the older style brain shock that is part of the rear triangle. My questions: Are parts for servicing this shock availab ... Read More »

Specialized Era Carbon Comp

My girlfriend is looking to upgrade her MTB. Is anyone out there riding an Era carbon comp? Happy with it?Read More »

Specialized Era Carbon Comp

My girlfriend is looking to upgrade bikes. Is there any word out about the Era Carbon Comp? Weight, etc...Read More »

2010 era comp opinions

Anyone have any opinions? I'm about to buy this bike. It felt right when I tested it out-but is it just because it's more similar to what I'm used to. It seems to suit my needs for the most part. Just wondering if anyone has ridden one. Is 100mm of travel enough for most situations? (I'm not ... Read More »