Juliana Bicycles Furtado Segundo Womens

• Juliana Segundo Mountain Saddle: women-specific
  • Juliana Mountain Compact Bar & Grip System: better fit for smaller hands
  • Virtual Pivot PointTM (VPP) 125mm travel suspension frame: most energy efficient design
  • Fox Float rear shock
  • Fox 32 Float 130mm fork

Submitted by Lauren a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2013

Strengths:    It is an absolutely beautiful paint job. Perfect amount of travel. The Shadow Plus clutch rear derailleur works like a charm. The balance feel, set up everything is perfect. The handlebars fit my smaller hands.

Weaknesses:    The only weakness is the value compared to the big box bikes like Giant but this one looks ten times better, so I am very satisfied with what I got for the money.

Bottom Line:
Even though it is on the cross country side of the spectrum, I consider this a totally capable trail bike. The suspension feels endless and the traction of the tires is awesome. I am 5'7" woman and ride a medium frame and in my opinion the 650b is the most appropriate wheel size for my frame. For the first time in my life I found a bike that fits me perfectly right out of the box. I love the small handlebars and the component set (I upgraded my cranks though to the XT 2x10 which is awesome btw) The handling is magnificent, and the bike feels totally balanced front to back. I Love the three settings on the fork and rear suspension descend, trail, climb. Trail is awesome for almost everything, and it is really easy to switch when you want to hit the long downhills. I ride in utah and this bike is so capable I would take it anywhere!!!!

Favorite Trail:   Sardine Peak