Home | Reviews | Womens | GT

GT Avalanche 2.0 Disc GTw Womens

The hard-tail that all others are measured by. When you're ready to graduate from that first rig you bought - the one they told you was capable of being ridden off-road, but which was really ready for campus cruising - the Avalanche is without question the bike you want. More than just a bike which you can ride about town, the Avalanche is also equipped for gnarly trails and sublime single track. With lightweight, triple-triangle aluminum frames, trail-ready component specs, and front suspension, the Avalanche is chomping at the bit to earn its wings. Are you?
  • Frame: GT Triple Triangle 6061 aluminum, Hydro formed top/ downtube, No stack headtube. Disc compatible, removeable der. hanger GTw geometry
  • Fork: SR Suntour XCR LO 26", 100mm Travel
  • Brakes: Tektro Draco Hydraulic brakes
  • Crank: FSA Dyna Drive

Submitted by Joey a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2013

Strengths:    I like most everything so far.

Weaknesses:    Pedels.

Bottom Line:
Ive had it for a cpl months so prob only have 200 miles on it, but so far so good!

Favorite Trail:   Alum creek, Ohio

Duration Product Used:   n/a

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Haro, Diamondback, Specialized.

Bike Setup:   Normal

Submitted by Mountain junky a Weekend Warrior from Staten island

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2010

Strengths:    Mostly everything I don't have a prob wit it

Weaknesses:    Breaks..peddels..only cuz I use spd(clip on)..other then that there fine

Bottom Line:
I have a full supention bike besides this and a 29 I've been riding since I was 11 Im now 21...I wanted a reg hard tail and tested out the hard rock...f7..Gary fishers and giants...none compared to the gt you get real good componts and the bike is rock solid....great for entry level and higher(when upgraded)...all my friends us this bike and they love it...get this bike if your thinking about it you will be very happy

Favorite Trail:   Too many to chose from