Home | Reviews | Womens | Giant

Giant lust 27.5 Womens

With the one-two punch of the fast new 27.5-inch wheel platform and Liv/giant’s 3F design philosophy, Lust is the ultimate XC all-rounder. The frame, a lightweight, hydroformed ALUXX SL alloy work of art, features plenty of stand-over height for confidences on technical trails. And it has all the right angles to make the most of its smooth and agile 27.5 wheels. Add 4 inches of smooth Maestro Suspension technology plus a 15mm front thru-axle for front end stiffness and control and it’s the perfect choice for XC rides ranging from marathon races to after-work trail rides.

Submitted by Jennifer a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2013

Strengths:    Beautiful bike. Light weight as can be. My XS weighed 24 lbs before adding bottle cage. Eats sand for breakfast. Rides beautifully.

Weaknesses:    Not much of one, but due to small frame size can't get a full sized water bottle on it. I've only put a little less than 150 miles so I'll update as I go, but can't see any now.

Bottom Line:
This is a review for the bike shown, which is the Lust 1. This is not the Lust Advanced. The Lust Advanced is full carbon and costs over $8000.

This is my 3rd full suspension mountain bike. I'm 5' tall. I've bought my other two off Craigslist, and while I was happy with them, they never fit me. I've got a 1998 Trek Women's Specific small frame, and a 2007 Cannondale Petite sized frame which my short legs didn't quite straddle. I've fallen over so many times because, when something wobbly was happening, I couldn't get my feet balanced on the ground and would topple over.
My first ride with this bike I encountered something that had me stopping and putting my foot down, off balance on an uneven trail....and lo and behold! My feet touched the ground and I didn't topple. Felt like a major victory.
I love the woods and love riding the trails but am not an adrenaline junkie by any means. In other words, I avoid the super hard, gnarly technical trails. This bike would do wonderfully on them, I'm sure. Who knows...maybe on a better bike I'll become less timid and try some more challenging trails.
But what I've ridden so far has been fabulous.
It's so light I can turn the speed on and leave my riding partners behind. (I think my Cannondale weighed closer to 40 lbs...not exactly sure but it's a beast). This is lightweight and nimble.
It's said they had women design these bikes from top to bottom. Well, thank goodness. I can actually straddle my bike.

And what I said earlier. We've got lots of sugar sand where I ride and it's thrown me to the ground more than once. This bike has me plowing through it like it's nothing.
Love the grip shifters; they are super smooth. I think it's sensible to only have 2 chainrings up front.
When I told someone a year ago I was looking for a new bike (and was admiring the Ellsworth a friend had bought used) somebody spoke up and said, "You may as well wait until the 27.5's come out." I'm so glad I did. I absolutely love this bike.
OK...and it's beautiful. The picture doesn't do it justice. The green is a dark chartreuse metallic and it's stunning looking.
A friend bought one the same time I did, but she bought the Lust 2. She was coming off 29" wheels and loves hers as well; said she'd recommend the tire size for any woman.
I'm having a fitting tomorrow. I've moved my seat around and I'll have them cut down the handlebars.
For a first, early review, I can only say that I am smitten.

Favorite Trail:   Wilderness Parks, Thonotosassa, FL

Purchased At:   AJ's Bikes and Board

Bike Setup:   Stock, have converted to tubeless.