Home | Reviews | Womens | Giant

Giant Anthem X 29er 0 W Womens

Implementing Liv/giant’s 3F philosophy (Fit, Form, Function), the Anthem X 29er W was designed for one reason: to bring the performance advantages of larger 29-inch wheels to women. The geometry and component selection on the lightweight ALUXX SL frame is optimized for the female rider. The Maestro Suspension is tuned to make the most of 29-inch wheels. And the frame technologies, including the OverDrive headtube, MegaDrive downtube and PowerCore bottom bracket, lend it a fast yet stable feel on any type of XC terrain.

• RockShox Reba 29 RL with QR15 thru-axle, OverDrive steerer suspension fork and RockShox Monarch RT rear shock
  • SRAM X.7/X.9 componentry
  • Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brakes
  • Giant P-XC29 2 rim/Giant Tracker (QR15) F/R hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, wheelset
  • Color: Satin Black/Bright Red/White

Submitted by Sara a Racer

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2013

Strengths:    Amazing 29er that fits my 5' frame

Weaknesses:    Upgrade the wheels, seat, drivetrain

Bottom Line:
I test rode this bike this weekend. Much like the 4'11" chick reviewing the 4W, I am 5' and replacing my Pivot Mach 4.
This bike was amazing. I climbed hills that I never would have cleared with my Pivot at the end of the year last year and it was only my 3rd ride this year! From short punchy ups to long gradual climbs, I was faster. Logs have always been my enemy, now I'll be doing more and walking less!
Day 2 was a fast tight single track day and this bike did just fine.
The rock shock suspension will be a happy change after the fast wearing fox that I will be giving up.
The suspension ate up the downs. I read men's reviews that wanted more travel, but as long as I'm not hucking off of big drops I'll be fine on this bike.
I'm sold.