Cannondale Scarlet 1 Womens

• Bottom Bracket: Sram BB30
  • Shifters: Shimano SLX

Submitted by COClimber/Biker Girl a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2014

Strengths:    Dyad shock adjustable 90/150mm travel, durable frame, great components, fun 26 inch wheels are responsive and playful

Weaknesses:    Weight- a bit on the heavy side, shocks cannot be tuned for lighter riders 105lbs below

Bottom Line:
Got my Scarlet on closeout at a significant discount. Probably because it was a 26er and most want 650bs or 29ers which worked to my advantage. Like most female riders, I am a minuscule 5"3'ish woman of 106lbs heavy. I fit a small men's bike but wds bikes usually fit me better. I rode a 29er giant rainier ht for over a season and did not like the sluggish feel of 29er tires. So when it came time to get my first full squish--I knew it had to be 26er or 27.5. It was between the Scarlet or the Scott Contessa 720-- and the contessa did not even come close to what the scarlet had to offer in terms of componentry.

Thru axel front & back provides for a nice and stiff ride that is amazing for slow speed maneuvering even on the hairiest of conditions. The dyad is also amazing at delivering that "2 bikes in 1" feel, which, at first I thought was all hype. The scarlet excels at climbs and performs amazingly on the downhills. I am so impressed with how this bike maneuvers. Hands down the best bike purchase I've made to date.

I wish they kept making them because there are not a lot of women's bike like it out there but it seems like cannondale is discontinuing it for 2014. Boohoo :-(