Fetish Cycles Fixation Singlespeed

4.39/5 (18 Reviews)

The new Fetish Cycles Single Speed is the newest and most stylish frame that they have come out with. The rear wheels is adjustable from 17 to 18 inches for the wheel base and it is also designed around disc brake. The horizontal dropout also allows a derailleur to be inserted if preferred. This frame is designed around a 100mm travel fork. It has a box section rear end to keep a stiff but comfortable ride. The gusseting around the head tube is for strength and also on the down tube to head tube allows this frame to be stronger than others.

Submitted by R. Anderson a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2014

Strengths:    Strong as hell.Can take a severe beating.
Jumps like no other.
Quick and quiet.
Not expensive to buy used.
Cult-like following.
Not a "cookie'-cutter" bike.....you don't see very many around and the people who own them don't sell them...they RIDE them !!

Weaknesses:    None....

Bottom Line:
I currently own 2 of these bikes. 1 is a single-speed only and the other is set up as a XC bike and geared.

I've owned just about every brand of hard tail out there from a generic, house-branded ACCESS all the way up to a COVE,and NOTHING,and I mean NOTHING beats this bike for ease of riding,do-it-all capability and the sheer fun factor of riding a quality hard-tail ! The closest thing I can compare it to is a Santa-Cruz Chameleon.It does everything the Santa Cruz does and in my book does it a bit better.And yes,I have had a Chameleon so I do know what I am talking about.

I've built and ridden the best and believe me when I tell you,this is one of the best ! It may not have big-name bragging rights like the boutique manufactures,but let me tell you these things rip ! If anybody tells you different,they don't know what they are talking about,most likely have never ridden one,and they are probably riding a store-bought TREK and not a full-on custom-build like my bikes are....Take it from someone who knows and has had all the big brands......This bike slays them all ! End of story.

Favorite Trail:   Local trails/URBAN riding

Duration Product Used:   Years....

Purchased At:   Got one frame on Pin

Similar Products Used:   Cove
Specialized
Intense
Santa Cruz
All the big boys.......too many to list.

Bike Setup:   Single Speed :
Mavic 719 Disc's w/ DT Swiss spokes and SURLY SIngle-Speed Bolt-on Hubs with 2.2 MAXXIS Holy Roller's
AVID BB7's front and rear with 160mm rotors.
SURLY Rigid Instigator Disc fork. 100mm suspension corrected.
Truvativ STYLO Single-speed crankset and Truvativ Bars/stem/seat-post with a SALSA Lip-Lock clamp.
SRAM 8 speed chain
ODI Ruffian lock-on grips.
SDG Formula seat
TIOGA Flat platform pedals.
White Industries Freewheel.
FSA Orbit Headset.
Built strictly for urban riding and geared 36/18.......Handles like a rocket-ship and is super strong and extremely well-balanced.One of the best looking and handling bikes I have ever built/ridden/owned !

XC Set-up:
WTB Laserdisc TCS wheels with XT hubs
ROCKSHOX REBA Race with 100mm travel.Lockout and rebound/compression damping.
WTB Weirwolf 2.3's setup tubeless conversion with Stan's kit.
Thomson stem/seat-post and seat-post clamp.
Cane Creek Headset.
Truvativ bars.
ODI Ruffian lock-on grips.
SDG Formula seat.
XT Triple crank-set
Tioga platform pedals.
SRAM X-9 Thumb-Shifters and front/rear derailleurs.
SRAM cassette and chain.
AVID BB7's front and rear with 185mm rotors.
Handles anything and everything and quickly too !

Submitted by JOwens14 a Cross Country Rider from Central VA

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2009

Strengths:    Strong, relatively light, aggressive geometry, disc and v-brake compatible, durable paint and nice looking

Weaknesses:    None really to speak of

Bottom Line:
Review for the 07-09 Fixation body style. Great single speed frame. Rides very very similar to my Santa Cruz Chameleon but sized more appropriately for my height, etc. Quick and light, the Fixation handles single track, climbs, and small drops. I've not used it for anything beyond that, so I can't comment on it's FR or AM capabilities, however I hear positive things. The website says it's suspension corrected and designed for 100mm fork, but I've found 120mm works better for east coast terrain. The only thing you may want to watch out for is the rear triangle's geometry really only supports a 17T or higher freewheel. A 16t or less would likely cause too much chain slap. All in all, I love the frame and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, aggressive, and responsive single speed frame w/o looking to drop a grand.

Favorite Trail:   Candler's

Purchased At:   mtbr classifieds

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz Chameleon, On-One Inbred, Jamis Dragon

Bike Setup:   Surly/DT Swiss wheelset, '09 Manitou Mnute fork, Race Face cranks, WTB and FSA stuff

Submitted by zach_ahmree a Cross Country Rider from Bellingham, WA

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2009

Strengths:    This is a solid frame and light too. I have it set up with some heavier parts more like an allmountian/freeride hardtail and it handles everything i've thrown at it. Could be set up lighter and would climb better with narrower tires, but for ridding out here it rides pretty awesome.

Weaknesses:    The only weakness that I've seen so far is that the angle that the seat tube is setup the rider is not at an optimal position for climbing. You're not sitting very directly over the pedals and if you scoot your seat up on the seat post you risk being to far forward and at an awkward decent location.

Bottom Line:
Bottom line I'm super impressed with this bike, In the past 3 weeks it's improved my riding ability about double. Very responsive, excelent handling, seems to be right at home with about 100mm of travel. I might get a bit sturdier fork because I bottomed out the other day on a 5 foot drop but I'm ridding downhill trails on this thing following right behind guys on full on 9 on 9 downhill bikes and it handles everything. Great bike. Get one.

Favorite Trail:   Evo-Mullet-cheech&chongs

Purchased At:   craigslist

Similar Products Used:   gt zaskar. Rode it for 8 years, wanted somthing more industrial strength with disc mounts.

Bike Setup:   Azonic Outlaw rear wheel, DT Swiss 440 front, Raceface Diabolous crank set, Marzocchi QR20, Avid BB7, Egg Beaters, 2.35 tires, 32/20 single speed.

Submitted by DJ a Weekend Warrior from Queen Creek, AZ

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2008

Strengths:    Very strong
Lightweight
Great Lookin
Cheap

Bottom Line:
A lightweight frame that takes a beating, im 6'1" 175lbs and i ride this thing out on National, and do urban on it. Its very agile, mine comes in at 25lbs with a DH tube in the back and platforms. Its setup as a rigid, and takes everything i throw at it. The matte black finish doesnt scratch easily and looks great. I would definitely buy another. If you want a strong trailbike that can do urban too, get it for sure

Favorite Trail:   National/anything urban

Similar Products Used:   Voodoo Bokor, Specialized Hardrock

Bike Setup:   SS (32-18 or 32-16), riser bars, truvativ cranks, pivit hubs

Submitted by sean a Racer from barman

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2007

Strengths:    well finished bike, strong, light

Bottom Line:
This is a fantastic frame for the price, don't let any one tell you the quality is bad, the finish is as good as any of top brands if not better, The logos on the frame are applied under the top coat, not stickers like i read in one review and it is black. The paint job looks fantastic, welds look good only time can tell. The frame is light, just look how beefy the tubing is, its a lighter than my zaskar frame,but looks stronger(is that possible) I hope lasts as long.

I,m in the UK and received this frame in perfect condition.

If you want an aluminum ss frame, don't spend no more, you have it all here for a bargain.

Similar Products Used:   GT Zaskar

Bike Setup:   marzhocci 100mm Dmr Revolver Single speed, magura hs33

Submitted by mistermoto from AZ

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2007

Bottom Line:
I reviewed this frame about 6 months after o f use. It's now been just at 2 years. I still love this bike. It has taken all sorts of abuse. I'm pretty big guy. 5'10 and 220#. I ride mostly XC but pretty agressively. This bike has been over drops up to about 3ft and no signs of failure. For the money, it's freakin awesome. I did put a Recon fork on it, (adjusted to 115mm) and slacked the head angle out from the 80mm X-Fly I had.
Great ride, snappy, just right for me. I dunno bout you guys, but I'd buy another one.

Submitted by Dan a Cross Country Rider from Marshfield, MA

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2007

Strengths:    Super Light! Responsive

Weaknesses:    The reinforcement on the headtube angle could have been welded a little more efficiently.

Bottom Line:
I'm a shop tech and thank god I get a good deal on parts. I went all out on this frame and basically wiped its ass and powdered it like a new born baby. I set it up w/ the Race Face diabolous series which is really intended for downhill but their super light and super beefy components. I'm always breaking parts. The Marzocchi in the front takes all the abuse with alloy stanchions and plenty of stopping power with the BB7's. I used hub spacers on the rear hub to line up a dead on chainline. The bike is agile and effing fast. My friends all sh*t themselves when I blow by them on a single gear and I've got a lot of them debating whether or not to switch. FUN AS HELL.

Favorite Trail:   anything fast

Similar Products Used:   specialized P1

Bike Setup:   Race Face(BB,stem,crankset,headset, handlebars, seatpost), Marzocchi XC 700 fork, Avid BB7 discs, Panaracer tires, Crank brother 5050xx pedals, DT rims w/ XT hubs DT Swiss Spokes, specialized saddle, dimension grips, acs ss chain, surly singlespeed cog 2:1 ratio, 17t - 34t.

Submitted by steve nast a Downhiller from st. louis

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2007

Strengths:    strong frame, good looks

Weaknesses:    a little heavy for climbs

Bottom Line:
i put this bike together for under a grand, and it performs like something that costs twice as much. i am 6'4", 205 lbs, and it handles my big butt with no problems. simply put, it handles anything from steep climbs, scorching downhills, drops, and super twisty single track with equal aplomb. this bike is a sweet, all mountain or trail bike.

Favorite Trail:   chadwick

Similar Products Used:   gary fisher tassajara, azonic steelhead

Bike Setup:   manitou splice platinum, deore lx drivetrain, race face, easton, azonic platforms, hayes sole discs, alex dp20 all mountain rims, hutchinson bulldogs.

Submitted by John a Weekend Warrior from Venice, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2007

Strengths:    The track dropouts come with an optional derailure hanger—which is rad if you also like gears and can only have one bike. Easy and inexpensive way to make a good single speed. Hefty aluminum with the most redundant head-tube reinforcement ever.

Weaknesses:    when mounted with deore discs the back wheel cannot be removed without removing the disk break as well. Lots of re-tuning the back breaks. Avid works fine though. The bike ways a ton!

Bottom Line:
build it up and do it with a 2:1 gear ratio. use medium end parts and enjoy it for what it is. The next step up is a lot more money and you probably don't need to spend that much to have fun. This is the first single speed I had that kept me in good enough condition to make fun of my geared friends on the trails. Plus, with slicks, you can be a pimp in the city.

If you are a serious rider, this bike might sucks. If you are a weekend warrior and are on a budget, this thing is the maccaroni—for real. you could spend 1200 more dollars for nothing if you don't pay attention.

Favorite Trail:   Everything

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Kona Hot (97) converted to mono-cog—steel frame.

Bike Setup:   Avid BB7 breaks on deore hubs with mavic 721 hubs, hand laced with brass nipples, DT revolution 32 hole—3-cross, Mythos XC 2.1 tires, Manitou Black fork w/ lockout, Easton 100mm magnesium stem, monkeylight carbon bars with Oury grips, sette carbon seatpost, flight ti seat and cane creak headset

Submitted by Dave a Weekend Warrior from Rocklin, Ca

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2006

Strengths:    strong, no flex,climbs perfect,looks great, a truckload better that a MonoCog, can't beat the price

Weaknesses:    NONE!!!!!!

Bottom Line:
There is no reason not to bike this bike. I bought the frame and built it myself.Looks perfect,rides great and at 6ft 2in 189 lbs--this thing can handle me and any else that rides. Just go buy it!!!!!

Favorite Trail:   forest hill loop

Similar Products Used:   Redline Monocog

Bike Setup:   Avid bb7 disc,Raceface cranks,ec70 bars,Raceface stem,Sun ds1 rims,Manitou Black super air fork

Submitted by JUSTIN POSSIEN a Weekend Warrior from ALBUQUERQUE, NM

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2006

Strengths:    Cheap, Well Built, Strong, Looks
Cool, nice paint job.

Weaknesses:    It may be a little heavy but so am I...

Bottom Line:
Great starter single speed, very durable frame (It has handled my 220 pounds and sloppy riding style).

Favorite Trail:   SUNSET, FLAGSTAFF, AZ

Purchased At:   EBAY

Bike Setup:   Fox 80Rl fork, Surly/Sun Ryno lites, Avid mech discs, Truvativ cranks, Race Face stem, Kore bar, WTB saddle/tires, icon seat post

Submitted by Drew a Cross Country Rider from New Jersey

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2006

Strengths:    1. Price, 2. comes with all components, 3. Durable, 4. Good SS starter bike

Weaknesses:    1. Heavy, 2. Cheap brakes, 3. Cheap hubs, 4.

Bottom Line:
Nice as starter or back up bike, don't pay more than $400 for complete bike. Nice color and durable.

Similar Products Used:   First SS

Bike Setup:   stock stuff that came with bike

Submitted by Michael a Weekend Warrior from Baltimore, MD

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2006

Strengths:    Light and pretty cheap for a single speed frame

Weaknesses:    Many

Bottom Line:
I just received this frame last night. At first glance, the frame seemed pretty nice but after getting to know it, I found numerous faults. First off, I ordered the black model. Aparently the black is actually blue. The logo and other writings on the frame are stickers. There were a few scrapes on the frame but I am not too annoyed with that. I am going to put alot more on it soon enough. Parts of the frame were sprayed with primer but not with the blue top coat. The bottom most piece/brace located by the steerer tube was not fully welded on the underside and there is a gap big enough to allow mud/dirt to get stuck in there. The welds aren't the cleanest either. They are bumpy and some even have small holes in them. The struts for the rear wheel are bent inwards about where the v brake mounts are located and I am questioning if I can fit a 2.25 inch tire through it. I am hoping I made a good purchase. Be cautious before buying this frame. I will right up another review as soon as I get my single speed on the trails.