Home | Reviews | Kids | Schwinn

Schwinn Tiger Kids

Submitted by Matt Sakko from Jeffreys Bay

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2008

Strengths:    Very Sturdy Frame! Taken it down 7 meter drops and it's still going strong, Training wheels keep it steady on the corners. would be a good buy for man united players.

Weaknesses:    Knees always touch the handle bar. and lost a training wheel at whistler which cost me 11 dollars.

Bottom Line:
I strongly reccomend it for Christiano Ronaldo, but if you're not gay then buy the Barney fun pedlar.

Favorite Trail:   Cape bike park

Purchased At:   My Pharmacist

Similar Products Used:   barney fun pedlar.

Bike Setup:   Tiger with new streamers.

Submitted by Marjan a Cross Country Rider from Slovenia

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2008

Strengths:    Good quality

Weaknesses:    Very heavy 9.5 kg!!! Comparing to adult weight that would be 40 kg bike for 70 kg rider!

Bottom Line:
My daughter (3) can ride without the wheelies and this bike is heavy for her. She can not control it when not riding. She can not pick it up. I am buying a lighter bike for her.

Similar Products Used:   Kettler walker

Bike Setup:   Nil

Submitted by John a Cross Country Rider from Sherwood, Or

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2006

Strengths:    My son's first two wheeler. Stable bike to learn on. High cool factor for boys. Padded saddle, full chain guard and good tires.

Bottom Line:
Good bike for the first timer.

Favorite Trail:   Sidewalk in front of our house

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Graduated from his three wheeler but still rides in the Burley.

Submitted by Kawena a Weekend Warrior from Honolulu, HI

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2006

Strengths:    Full Chain Guard, Low Standover Height Frame, Back and Front Fenders, Ergonomic Handlebars, Safty Pads on Handlebars and Neck, Cool Paint and Bar-end Streamers

Bottom Line:
I created a list before shopping for my son's first bike. My list included, low stand-over frame, full chain guard, steel rims, safety padding and back and front fenders. I then looked at Specilized, Trek, Giant and Gary Fisher bikes, limiting my search to "Premium" brands. Every model I looked at lacked something from my list, until I came across the Tiger. It had everthing on the list and looked pretty cool to boot (Gotta love the streamers!). Great value, compared to the other bikes I listed. The research paid off, with smiles from my 3 year old, everytime he rides it.

Purchased At:   Local Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Looked at most of the premium brands 12" bikes.

Bike Setup:   Added a bell

Submitted by tIM from Cumming, GA USA

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2005

Strengths:    Indestructible

Weaknesses:    Heavy, but that might not be bad for a kid's bike

Bottom Line:
My son loves this bike. He rides it for hours at a time and it runs strong. The brakes work well and that's important for a 3 year old. The training wheels are adjustable so it's a good bike for teaching purposes.

Favorite Trail:   For this bike? The side yard