Home | Reviews | Kids | Marin

Marin Bay View Trail Kids

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Marin Bayview Trail 24" '11. With the same attention to detail as Marin's adult line, these little bikes pack a big punch. Lightweight construction and components make it easy for younger riders to keep up with mom and dad.

Submitted by tvdantv a Weekend Warrior from Chester Springs, PA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2008

Strengths:    It has 21 gears, it's almost unbreakable, and it has excellent trigger shifters! Beautiful paint job on the Brick Red. Quick release axles. Comfortable ride. Rides fast!!

Weaknesses:    However, it does have ONE weakness. The peddles are... uh... plastic. OK. I said it. Other than that, everything's perfect!

Bottom Line:
This is the sturdiest bike I've ridden! I'm 9 years old and it's perfect for me. My dad takes me riding on rail-trails and some mtb'ing. My dad shopped for a realy long time and picked this one because "it was the best value".

Favorite Trail:   Stuble Trail

Purchased At:   Bike Line Exton

Similar Products Used:   K2 Aphrode

Bike Setup:   Stock 2008 model

Submitted by David Hegg a Weekend Warrior from Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2008

Strengths:    weight, frame, component quality

Weaknesses:    the front dérailleur is difficult to operate for kid hands.

Bottom Line:
My kids have a lot of friends that ride bikes with them. When they show up at the house, I compare their bikes to the Marin and I have not seen a single one in the crop that is as light and well built as the bayview trail. These are all bike shop quality bikes, not Walmart bikes....but the Marin is like a mountain bike, just small. The others have gimmicky designs, geometry, adjustable stems, cranks, etc. All these gimmicky things made the competitions bikes seem heavy and clunky. Some of them weigh more than my early 90s XL Schwinn.

Favorite Trail:   paved path with kids, light offroad

Purchased At:   Alger Cycle

Similar Products Used:   We tried every kid bike in the local area before buying the Marin. Gary Fisher, Specialized, Scott, Trek, etc.

Bike Setup:   Still stock, after 4 years. Insync grind fork, Acera shifters, derailleurs, knockoff brakes, etc.