Home | Reviews | Kids | Kona

Kona Stinky Jr. Kids

Submitted by Mace Freerider a Downhiller from chillawake,bc,canada

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2006

Strengths:    good for kids to get into freeriding on a bike that fits

Weaknesses:    the forks back shock and bracks

Bottom Line:
good bike for kids stronger than i thought the averge kid isn't gonna break this bike i think the bracks and shocks suck on it tho.

Favorite Trail:   platnom

Purchased At:   bike zone

Similar Products Used:   norco b-line

Bike Setup:   04 stinky with dirt jumper 2's fox vanilla rc din't no they made them that small and getting hydrollice disc bracks

Submitted by josh mitchell a Racer from bradford

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2005

Strengths:    its very strong and smooth and flows through whistlers dh track

Weaknesses:    the rear suspension bottoms on things as little as 6 foot drops

Bottom Line:
good bike i recomend any one 2 get it its ace for all young gun freeriders

Favorite Trail:   whistler bike park

Purchased At:   christmas

Similar Products Used:   kona suff jr

Bike Setup:   all same but hope brakes boxxers blue dragon tyres and front and rear halo rims

Submitted by Tony burningham a Downhiller from Philidelphia, PA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2004

Strengths:    I own this bik and i'm 4'11 and it works great. Thestem, and front suspension can take a lot of abuse. It is great to have a bike where I know I can go off a ten foot drop and it wont break on me. Also, the cranks on it are great to. I have yet to see anything seriously damaged. IIt has a nice setup kona made, and also puts me in a good position for riding.

Weaknesses:    After a few weeks, my supension started creaking. Also, I broke the hayes disk brake only jumping a picnic table.

Bottom Line:
This is a great bike, it is relativiley light, me at 13 years old, can handle it great. It takes the jumps, drops, and rocks well. I highly recomend this bike for you, it does not have many weaknesses. If any of you old dudes are reading this for your children, get this bike, its sweet.

Favorite Trail:   my local park dirt jumps

Purchased At:   Mount Perk Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   Haro, gt, and iron horse.

Bike Setup:   All original except new hjayes haudrulic disc brakes, and a bigger suspension rear spring. I also plan to ad rock shox boxxer sox.

Kona Stinky 2-4, Jr.

Anybody have one? What do you/they think? I'm looking in the market to buy one. Frame or complete.Read More »

stinky jr.

Does anyone know where I can get a stinky jr. or a specialized grom ?? My daughter wants to ride d/h and freeride Other 24 " bikes considered aswell. Thank'sRead More »