Home | Reviews | Kids | K2

K2 Zed 20 Kids

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by Forrest a Cross Country Rider from Grand Blanc, MI

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2009

Strengths:    Tough kid bike. Shifts easily to allow for more enjoyable family trail rides. Shocks and derrailer handle bumps and jumps well.

Weaknesses:    According to my 8 year old, the knobby tires don't allow it to "skid out" on the pavement like his friends can. Brake line comes loose from brake (I know, I need to adjust it).

Bottom Line:
Great bike. It I am considering purchasing the 24" for my son because he is now too big for this one.

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   20" Giant MTX Mountain Bike for twin brother, same price, not nearly as rugged or as high quality as K2.

Bike Setup:   Stock, no additonal setup.

Submitted by Jacob a Weekend Warrior from Spofford New Hampshire

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2009

Strengths:    This bike is a very good bike its strengths are mobility.

Weaknesses:    The shocks are not the tuff and become useless.

Bottom Line:
this bike is very tough i am a very hard rider on bikes and this bike has holded me for 4 years of non stop ponding.

Favorite Trail:   any where

Purchased At:   Brattlebero VT

Submitted by Jason H a Weekend Warrior from Monterey, ca

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2009

Strengths:    durable, but not clunky, light considering it's a kids bike

Weaknesses:    Stickers

Bottom Line:
As far as a mid-range kid's bike, this one is pretty good!! My kids and I hated the stickers (skulls) so we ripped them off, now this bike is blue with some stickers we bought at a Kragen auto parts store (US Flag and Eagle). They've put these bikes through it all, tuned it up twice and monthly maintenance and they are pretty smooth. If you have a kid and you love him/her, but don't want to spend $700+ on a Gary Fisher, this one fits the bill. Besides they'll only get to ride them for a few years before they grow out of them. My 8 year old (4'9") rides the 24 and my 6 year old (4'4") rides the 20.

Favorite Trail:   Ord Rec

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   Diamondback

Bike Setup:   Standard OEM, alloy frame and wheels, decent Suntour compo group, Shimano Revo shifters

Submitted by Tina a Cross Country Rider from Muskegon, MI USA

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2005

Strengths:    Light Weight aluminum frame. Quality components and manufacturing. I have ridden the bike to put it away at times and it feels solid and rides smooth, even with my adult wieght. My daughter has had the bike for 3 years without a single problem and I am confident my son will get another 3 years out of it.

Weaknesses:    I had a hard time finding one available to buy. The guys at Breakaway were able to get one in for me although they are not a K2 dealer. They really went the extra mile for us.

Bottom Line:
Great bike, could not be happier.

Favorite Trail:   Fort Custer