Gary Fisher Gamma Ray Kids

• Wheels 16" chrome rims
  • Coaster brake

Submitted by Derek Supple a Downhiller from Milford

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2005

Strengths:    nice fenders

Weaknesses:    no shox!frame snaped when i jumped a 10000000000 footer(i mean, come on!) rims suck too

Bottom Line:
Sucks!

Favorite Trail:   vietnam

Purchased At:   Your momma's house

Similar Products Used:   Iron Horse Sunday World Cup

Submitted by David Gee a Weekend Warrior from Elkhorn,WI,USA

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2005

Strengths:    Great starter mountain bike for kids. My 5 year-old takes this on 4 mile jaunts covered with rocks, roots and steep hills. The product is solid. No squeeks, rattles etc. - Just the quality you would expect from a Gary Fisher.

Weaknesses:    Tires lack the tread that they should. Set-up for road riding. The tires have worn down very quickly. A little pricey - but you get what you pay for.

Bottom Line:
* Great starter mountain bike for kids
* Takes abuse on the trails

Favorite Trail:   Emma Carlin

Purchased At:   Backyard Bikes, Elkhorn,WI

Similar Products Used:   N/A

Bike Setup:   Factory

Submitted by Jeremy a Weekend Warrior from Orem, Ut, USA

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2005

Strengths:    Solid, forgiving, great kids bike.

Weaknesses:    The usualy skinny training wheels.

Bottom Line:
We decided to buy a bike for my 3-yr-old son this year with some of the tax return. We also decided not to buy the Walmart $30 special, and, since my son is almost 40-inches tall, and 40 pounds, we went with the 16" instead of the twelve. We figure we'll actually be able to take the training wheels off at some point.

First, we rode the different models in the stores. I wanted the Trek, but the Fisher was easier for my son to get on and off. He had ridden some friends bikes, so he knew what to do. (In the store he almost took out a Madone 5.9 with his training wheel!)

The last few weeks have been rainy here, so we really didn't get a chance to take the bike out until today. I took him to a very flat section of a paved bike trail near Utah lake, and he rode about two miles round trip without complaining. I was on my bike, but my wife was walking and struggled to keep up with my son who was going a lot faster than we thought he would.

In the end, this is a great bike for big three-year-olds up, and we're happy we paid the little extra for a real bike.

Purchased At:   Golsen's

Similar Products Used:   Tested the Trek and Schwinn.

Bike Setup:   Red/Black boys bike w/ training wheels. Added a twist-action bell.

BLT Gamma-Ray SL2-42

Hi, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle! :) I have a perfectly good set of Gamma-Ray SL2-42 lights but the SLA water bottle battery has now expired. I cannot find a replacement. Is there an alternative power source that would work with these lights e.g Ni-Mh, without altering the bulbs ... Read More »

BLT Gamma Ray NH40 battery and charger - FREE

Well, not totally free. You'd have to pay shipping, but if you can use either or both of these items, let me know. My dog ate the cord, and I can't seem to find the head unit (maybe she ate that too), so I figure neither of these is doing any good sitting around and could maybe be of use to somebo ... Read More »