Haro Escape Sport Freeride Hardtail

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

• New Escape long-travel allmountain hardtail aluminum frame.
  • Marzocchi MZ Race 120mm travel fork with lock-out.
  • Shimano LX rear derailleur.
  • Hayes MX4 disc brakes.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by ThatBazKid a Weekend Warrior from West Yorkshire - UK

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2010

Strengths:    Indestructible beefy frame, with a pretty good setup. Value for money beats other entry level bikes hands down. The Bomber 22R front forks are one of Marzocchi budget products but it is better then the Suntour SF-XVM or Bomber 22LO. Disk brakes are great and give superb stopping power. Great entry level bike. Has a good solid ride and can take a beating.

Weaknesses:    The SRAM SX4 gear shifters are cr*p! I will upgrade, but i've lived with them for this long.

Bottom Line:
    It's a solid entry level bike. Has a good spec for what I paid for and is great fun to ride. I have a Haro F4 BMX and have faith in Haro as a brand so choose this as my step into MTB.

Similar Products Used:   Saracen Mantra 2

Bike Setup:   Bomber 22R front forks, Hayes MX4 Mechanical Discs, Truvativ Ruktion with Bashring

Submitted by ThorAllMyT a Weekend Warrior from So Cal

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2009

Strengths:    Frame is beefy, Componantes are great.

Weaknesses:    The forks are way to soft godd for someone 130 lbs at best. I'm 6'3" and 240lbs. Needs a back hydro brake I need to squeeze hard to stop. Seat is a bit uncomfortable.

Bottom Line:
    Good bike made for pounding hard trails.

Similar Products Used:   Multi

Bike Setup:   Marzocchi has an upgrade program. Putting 09 44 ata's on this week and it should make a huge differance. It only cost me $210.00 for a $500.00 upgrade. I'll add a back hydro brake as well.

Submitted by the haro master a Weekend Warrior from tucson, az

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2008

Strengths:    Good solid beginner bike that can be upgraded as you go, very cool looking, for the money I thought it was a better deal than any other brand out there.

Weaknesses:    It is a entry level bike so the parts aren't the best, the derailleurs should be the first thing to go and the fork is pretty much a pogo stick but like I said it is entry level and gets you on the trails.

Bottom Line:
    over all I'm very happy with my Haro at an entry level bike like this your either paying for a name brand or the front fork I went with the frame that I liked the most because the fork is the first the to go and the derailleurs HAVE TO go cuz there junk. love my Haro. I'm going to give Value a 5 cuz I think you get more for your money with this bike & 5 on the overall even with the low end parts cuz the thing is just so bad a$$ looking.

Favorite Trail:   fantasy island