Norco Truax Team Freeride Full Suspension

• Spokes: DT competition butted spokes

Read the Preview on the Norco Traux Here>>

Norco Truax Team Freeride Full Suspension Pro Review

Read The Complete 2012 Norco Truax Review

The Norco Truax was introduced in mid-2011 and is the evolution of Norco’s iconic Shore series of freeride mountain bikes. The original Norco Shores were some of the true beasts of the freeride scene that exploded in the late 1990s and early 2000s and, while they were solid bikes that could handle the abuse that most riders threw at them, they were also heavy and overbuilt because of the conditions that they were forced to endure.

Submitted by jb a Weekend Warrior from Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2011

Strengths:    Solid spec; Awesome descender; Surprisingly good climber

Weaknesses:    Interrupted seat tube means I can't get my Reverb low enough to use its full stroke; cable routing under downtube leaves it vulnerable; prefer single ring and guide to front derailleur; touch heavy but what do you expect?

Bottom Line:
You expect a 7 inch bike to descend and the Truax does not disappoint. But what is surprising is how good it climbs and handles tighter, old school technical singletrack. We A/B tested with my friend's Carbon Nomad and we both agreed the Truax was a better climber (even though it was 5 pounds heavier and had a bigger front chainring). Had planned on keeping my Blur LT as a more XC friendly bike, but have since sold it as I prefer riding the Truax on all rides.

Expensive, but a lot cheaper than a dedicated XC rig and a DH bike -- and I don't feel like I'm compromising too much on either.

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz Blur LT and Nomad; Transition Preston; Rocky Mountain Slayer

Bike Setup:   Stock except tire changes according to conditions and a Rock Shox Reverb post

2011 Norco Truax Team(red FR bike) or 2011 Trek Session 8 (DH bike)

Hi guys and gals. I need your help deciding which bike. Norco is FR bike and Trek is FR/DH bike. I am just getting into FR/DH. I have a body who work at the bike shop and can get me a good deal on both bike. ASAP . I will buy one of these bike this weekend. Thanks for those who give me advic ... Read More »